• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

TNT - What can and cannot be blown up?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I was curious, is it just towns that can be affected by TNT, or do residences, noble plots, and other structures in the wild able to be blown up as well?

Thanks,

-yav

ThatAintFalco

Portal
TNT can blow up everything, but everything regenerates. It has a 10% to break obsidian, and I'm fairly sure water blocks tnt damage, but not too sure about that one. Doesn't work at spwan. WOrks on PR and towns

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
TNT can blow up everything, but everything regenerates. It has a 10% to break obsidian, and I'm fairly sure water blocks tnt damage, but not too sure about that one. Doesn't work at spwan. WOrks on PR and towns
I think we lowered it below that. Last I remember hearing it was 5%

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I think we lowered it below that. Last I remember hearing it was 5%
I don't see why anyone would use obsidian since anyone could just fill the inside layer of any wall with water if it needs to be protected that badly. Water is much easier to collect, too.

The only cannon I can recall that can actually puncture those walls is a sand cannon, but those would be considered griefing.

The point is Obsidian is just useless in defensive designs. It's still nice for slime lock stuff, though.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I don't see why anyone would use obsidian since anyone could just fill the inside layer of any wall with water if it needs to be protected that badly. Water is much easier to collect, too.

The only cannon I can recall that can actually puncture those walls is a sand cannon, but those would be considered griefing.

The point is Obsidian is just useless in defensive designs. It's still nice for slime lock stuff, though.
Technically speaking we could enable destruction for water covered blocks in the same way we did for obsidian too it's just something I don't believe we've done.
Also it's hardly useless on average it'd take 20 TNT to break through that's a lot of investment for a player to get through it also just because you can't be bothered to collect enough doesn't mean no one will. I'm aware of several towns who've already used obsidian in their design on top of having water in other areas.

thewhizkids

Soulsand
Tbh i think tnt should just be able to blow up things in water

Its no use raiding poeple if they can litteraly just put a block above thier chests and cover the block in water :/

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
What about locked blocks? Can TNT blow up anything that is locked? If a double chest has a single LWC on it, will it blow up the other side?

-yav

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
No. The chest turns to air, and slowly the blocks regenerate back to their previous form, regardless of being an LWC or an unlocked chest. If it is an unlocked chest, once it becomes visible you are able to open the chest and steal as much items as you can before the block above it regenerates back (This usually gives you a window of 5 seconds maximum)... It's not great for raiders, but it's better than nothing I guess.

As for LWC's, you're safe no matter what. *Sad face.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Are the contents accessible when blown up?
LWC aren't tied to a physical block they're tied to co-ordinates. If I were to lwc a chest and then remove the chest using world edit the area where the chest existed would still be lwc protected.