• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion This is Toward the Dungeon team

Should we have Dungeons like this?

• Total voters

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm yet the mass of mobs and players combating in the mob arena does not create major server lag? And the traps are not that "laggy" i tested it (on my own server :O ) and as expected i had 20/30 people on with no lag.
the traps are simple, easy to hide and difficult to avoid. And even if you call a simple piston trap amateur-ish , that can be fixed by putting an empty chest in front of it or a lava trap above it. Anyways im not suggesting move a thousand blocks, no no, a couple is enough. Jumping puzzzles under water mazes. ladder puzzles.... its not all redstone based
favorite kind of dungeons, ones that actually challenge a player's skills, rather than silly binary "puzzles"
I like to use a mixture of both. Puzzles that test skill and ones that test your mental ability with riddles and stuff :p
Helps if the puzzles aren't some obscure reference to fictional deities.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Hmm yet the mass of mobs and players combating in the mob arena does not create major server lag? And the traps are not that "laggy" i tested it (on my own server :O ) and as expected i had 20/30 people on with no lag.
the traps are simple, easy to hide and difficult to avoid. And even if you call a simple piston trap amateur-ish , that can be fixed by putting an empty chest in front of it or a lava trap above it. Anyways im not suggesting move a thousand blocks, no no, a couple is enough. Jumping puzzzles under water mazes. ladder puzzles.... its not all redstone based
Yea... that one trap was a 50x50 block inverting piston maze. You had to run through the dark maze one way hit a button to invert it then you have 5 mins to find the exit before the maze seals itself for 1 minute suffocating everyone inside.

2500 simultaneous block movements :p

Each time the piston maze inverted we had to trigger both sets of pistons then turn them all off then turn the one we want on other wise the pistons checker boarded.

Danda should i apply for Dungeon Team?

Feel free is what the thread is there for :p

Only 50x50? Thats not bad. Did it have extra traps, such as dispenser arrows/mob spawners/ect?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Only 50x50? Thats not bad. Did it have extra traps, such as dispenser arrows/mob spawners/ect?
and put them where? EVERY block inside that 50x50 was piston operated.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well, now that dispensers fire Mobs, essentialy you could have raining Creepers if the top of the maze isn't covered in Pistons.
It is the whole floor and ceiling is piston operated.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So the walls arn't piston operated? That makes it even easier.
No because that would only cover the edge of the maze and would only work when the maze was inverted. Again as I have mentioned in many thread before this we will never use a dispenser in a dungeon as they need to be refilled. All dungeons need to be self sufficient.
Either way this was made pre 1.0

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
@Danda , Challenge the players skill? whats skill without the ability to think? why not sharpen your "thinking" skills. The puzzle's help with that, Honestly you could have all the skill in the world, but say you stuck in a puzzle with a combination lock and its regioned. Cant break through, no redstone, no way out. dont want to /kill because well, whoops you have so much loot on you. no one around. Imagine that!
Or even is in a zone where the ground slowly falls under him? what does he do? he is in a 3v1 but he has high ground and is ranger. well? does that enlighten you, seeing as binary puzzles are "silly" according to you. most players probably don't know what to do in some of these situations. puzzles provide them with basic instinct whereas MA provides them with levels for higher survivability

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I never said they were silly. Do not twist my words.

Gunmoney321

ICE ICE ICE!
Hm. I'm super interested in all of the ideas that are being put to the board right now. I sort of agree with Danda about these traps being amateurish, but that could be easily remedied. I'd love to see more dungeons like the ones being suggested here :) Dungeon Team, do something bout this now!