• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Spires

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Right now there are four spires in Herocraft. Snow spires, water spires, sand spires and forrest spires. But they arn't really anything but a place to port to. I'm suggesting we add more to them, make them fun places to be.

I am suggesting that each of the spires are made into small towns. Each would have their own theme and would have quests related to the area. This would not only add a more RPG feel to the game, but would also give architects some projects aswell. Here is it in more detail.

Forrest Spires
Info : The Forrest Spire is a place of peace, nature and life. The druids of Herocraft spent years tending to their gardens and the land. Everywhere you look there is life. A massive tree is in the center of the town, this tree was planted eons ago by the Great Druid (Insert name here) and is now the central pillare of the forrest spires. However the peace and life of the area is being threatened by the undead! Zombies and skeletons have put the great tree in danger!
Building : A massive tree with small gardens around it. Looks like a really nice tree house.
Quests : All of the quests would be related to protecting the great tree and preserving life. Possible ideas include :
  • Get 30 bonemeal to add more trees to the area
  • Protect the tree! Slay 10 zombies and bring 10 rotten flesh as proof of your work.
  • Get 10 roses and 10 flowers for the gardens.
  • Get a melon seed, carrot, potato, seed and pumpkin seed for the farms.
Sand Spires
Info : The sand spires have always been a harsh and terrifying place to live. The blistering heat and lack of water make it near impossible to live in comfort. However the desert people have to survive, and need all the help they can get.
Building : The area would be a small desert town with a few large pyramids. There would be a small watering hole and only wheat crops.
Quests : All quests would have to do with surviving in the desert.
  • Get 5 buckets of water to refill the watering hole.
  • Protect the village by slaying 5 skeletons and 5 spiders.
  • Collect 64 sandstone to help build another pyramid.
  • Go find the villager that when missing on his way back to the town.
  • (If possible) Proove yourself to the desert people by killing another player.
Water Spires
Info : The sea people are fierce, greedy and fearless. However a argument over sunken treasure has raised war between the sea village and pirats. The villagers need more weapons and supplies if they want to win the war against those pirates.
Building : The town would consist of a water dock in the middle of the ocean. A few big warships surround the area and a small island can be seen in the distance. There would be an inn and a fishing dock.
Quests : All the quests will be about gathering supplies to help out the town fight the pirates aswell as keeping the town food supply stocked.
  • Gather 20 cooked fish and 5 apples to supply dinner for the town.
  • Gather 64 logs to help build another warship
  • Gather 10 inc sacs to dye the ship's sails.
  • Gather 20 TNT for the ship's cannons.
  • Show the town that you're as strong as them, slay 3 players who are level 30+
Snow Spires
Info : Snow has always been a magical and calming substance. Bastion's greatest scribes and mages retreat to the snow spires to study and think in peace. The empty and cold enviroment is perfect for testing spells and isolating the scribes and mages from the rest of the world.
Building : The town would consist of a large wizard tower inside a snowy mountain (possibly). There would be large libraries and a maze below the tower.
Quests : The quests would consist of studying and understanding magical properties.
  • Gather 6 bookshelves to add to the library
  • Gather 20 snow blocks and 10 pumpkins to help the wizards test their summoning skills.
  • Proove your intellect to the villagers by making your way through the maze below the tower.
  • Gather 2 blaze powder for the mages.
  • Gather 6 book and quills for the scribes.
There are just some of my ideas. Everything can change I just wanted to get this out there and see what people thought.​

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I like this, a lot. Only question would be the ability to actually implement this (Architects).

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
damn!? you thought this out well didnt you? another idea, maybe (i think as put in another thread) each spire could represent a certain path. with your descriptions, forest could be healer, sand could be warrior, water could be rogue, and snow could be caster, maybe a whole questline in each spire as a starting point for new classes? this would omcrease tje RPG feel. and holy shitezen! i just typed that all without looking, new acheivment for me! (as in, im on a bed atm, my comp is on a desk about a foot from my bed, i have my arms on the edge of the desk and my hands on the keyboard, my head is sort of slumped facing downwards at the floor...)

Northac

Obsidian
I think its a great idea to do somthing like this. would make it nice to have different quest hubs than just the spawn area.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would depend on what people want. Some people will want PVP, others won't. Maybe a small area could be no pvp then the rest PVP. Or only the water and desert spires could be pvp or something along those lines.

Another possibility. Beacon blocks could be placed in wach spire and grant a buff based on their theme.

Water attack + protection
Desert Speed + attack
Snow Haste + Regeration
Forrest Regeneration + Jump boost.

Not that it's really needed, just another idea. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Alright I can start looking into this. I'll throw the beacon idea in quickly now before we look into the other changes.

Also I'll actually tag bearcat99

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm feeling kinda creative at the moment, would you mind checking out any building ideas I could create for the ''Forest'' spire? (Danda or Kainzo... or whoever)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
They're the 4 locations out in the wilderness that Wizards and Mystics can use port to get to.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Try the wiki where that information has been for months...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No I myself put that information on the wiki months ago which is why I know it's there.

Anyway back on topic I've done some changes to the water spire's structure. I would appreciate some feedback of you guys. I found that FlippinTuna had already partially constructed something for the spire that looked pretty good so I continued with that theme and made some modifications along with it.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Admins like my idea :O. I have never felt to proud :p.

Anyways, it's great to see all the positive feedback.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm inspired. I think I'll build stuff around this, starting with the Sand spire.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I belive 2200 +/-. Like how the Herogates were but at the 2200s.