• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Skill "Blackjack" is too "Loud"

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
From a more..."lore" perspective, Blackjack should be a sneaky skill. You pop it, run in, stun them and assassinate them.

Unfortunately, it does not work this way in Herocraft. It is a prep skill, but one that is too risky to use for multiple reasons.

1. The firework is one of the loudest sounds around--using it anywhere near the enemy is sure to alert them.
2. It leaves a chat message for everyone to see upon use. This makes anyone who is paying attention to chat 100% aware of your presence.

While the above issues are pretty annoying, you can still use your blackjack far away from a fight, and then simply have it ready once the actual fight begins. Except for the final issue...

3. It leaves a chat message when it expires. I can't count how many times I've been hunting a player, pop my blackjack ahead of time, and then by the time they are ready to come out, the glaring message that I have sheathed my blackjack is spouted for everyone to see.

Honestly, I think all of these issues could be fixed. There is no reason for a "blackjack" to make a loud firework noise upon use. There is also no reason for it to spout it's status for everyone around you.

macura

Diamond
Omfg yes! Every time i try to sneak up on someone i either don't have blackjack activated so i have to pray the guy doesnt notice the mini firework show in the background while i try to stab him, or it de-activates itself when i am sneaking around so it is pretty much a proximity mine bound to go off. I sometimes have to go run 30 blocks to use blackjack then run back just so no one gets the message. Idealy i don't even think it should give off a message to anyone other than the player.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Idealy i don't even think it should give off a message to anyone other than the player.

No, it should definitely have a range that it can be heard in, as it is currently a game-making or breaking mechanic for ninja, and its important to have a chance to know when these %chance duration skills like soulfire BJ (lol) etc are used. It could be much smaller than 30 blocks though.

macura

Diamond
No, it should definitely have a range that it can be heard in, as it is currently a game-making or breaking mechanic for ninja, and its important to have a chance to know when these %chance duration skills like soulfire BJ (lol) etc are used. It could be much smaller than 30 blocks though.
But the point of ninja is to be sneaky. How can u be sneaky if while you sneak up on someone your blackjack runs out and gives you away.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I went gungho about fireworks, blackjack probably wasnt necessary.
It would be great if this was taken out. What about the blackjack messages for when the ninja activates the skill, and when the skill expires?

I think your perspective is a tad silly here Dsawemd. Yes, blackjack is a powerful skill, but it doesn't make it any less powerful by knowing when he activated the skill, or when the skill expires.

From your post, it sounds as though you are wanting to know when these abilities "proc", not when they are used. I do not care if all players are notified when they are stunned--in fact, I think it should stay how it currently is for stun procs. However, there is absolutely no need for anyone other than the ninja to know when they have "pulled out" or "sheathed" their blackjack.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I
I think your perspective is a tad silly here Dsawemd. Yes, blackjack is a powerful skill, but it doesn't make it any less powerful by knowing when he activated the skill, or when the skill expires.

From your post, it sounds as though you are wanting to know when these abilities "proc", not when they are used. I do not care if all players are notified when they are stunned--in fact, I think it should stay how it currently is for stun procs. However, there is absolutely no need for anyone other than the ninja to know when they have "pulled out" or "sheathed" their blackjack.

I see no need to reduce the range to nothing. Pvp is better, more complex, when people know what is being thrown at them. A 5 block range would be enough, but it shouldn't be silent.

I DO strongly support the suppression of most ninja skills besides Smoke while the ninja is sneaking. That would be an amazing addition to the class, although after testing live for a while.

I also thought it would be nice if Fade made you sneak automatically, since it is useless in many day/lit fights that would not be a large change.

macura

Diamond
I

I see no need to reduce the range to nothing. Pvp is better, more complex, when people know what is being thrown at them. A 5 block range would be enough, but it shouldn't be silent.

I DO strongly support the suppression of most ninja skills besides Smoke while the ninja is sneaking. That would be an amazing addition to the class, although after testing live for a while.

I also thought it would be nice if Fade made you sneak automatically, since it is useless in many day/lit fights that would not be a large change.
If ninjas had a passive where their skills did not show up in chat when they are sneaked would really make the class in respect to both pvp and lore.(not all skills won't show up, stuff like blackjack and envenom maybe)