• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Horrors of XIan

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Background
In the heart of Citadel lies, or lied per say, a hidden kingdom. Known as XIan, the kingdom blossomed hidden from the leaches of society, carving beneath the earth. Some consider them dwarves, however it is not so. The race was unique, and quite different from the dwarves. The tall, lean beings, all muscle was focused on the arms for the intense mining, and a bit on the legs for the very purpose of supporting the immense arms the beings accompanied. The beings were especially different from the dwarves in personality and mortality, and only shared the love of mining. The XIans, as they were known, above all kept secrecy of their carved kingdom important above all else. And thousands of years passed, they practiced the mining arts and taught generations to never visit the surface, for the slightest risk of exposure scared the kingdom. And they crafted an entire empire beneath the depths of the earth. This mighty kingdom, however, had forgotten its very secrets from the past long ago.
Chapter I
The dim light of the restone torches coated the room in the dull mood of the city. Albostro, capital of the great XIan, seemed especially saddened by the occurrence of the night before. One of the greatest occupations of the kingdom, mining, had sparked such a national depression as this. I blankly stared down at the documents Uio, chief of security, had laid in front of me. 50 miners dead at a horrific incident in the deep mineshafts on the lower section of the kingdom. According to the document, the miners themselves had started whatever caused their deaths. "As per my protocol, I managed to recover one corpse for investigation before sealing off the lower mines," started Uio. "However, some citizens of the towns located in the lower quarter that the lower mines are sectioned with refused to evacuate the area. I could not violate the protocol of such an event, and was forced to seal the area with them inside." "I understand, thank you, Uio," I replied. He nodded and stomped off into the polished andesite corridor towards his office in the security department of the massive central spire of the capital. I pondered the situation. What could kill an entire unit of experienced miners? Then I heard the deafening sound of thousands of noteblocks firing from the top of the spire, a noise that could be heard in the entire empire, so one could only imagine how loud it was when you were so close. I wondered what fired it, for when it was fired a dire emergency was in place. Uio once again ran into my office, saying, "Sire! Thousands of black creatures have murdered millions in the populous middle section, and are making their way through the upper kingdom, approaching the capital! We must seal the capital, the alarm sounded warning for the last of the survivors to sprint with haste to the capital before we seal the city!' Shocked, I sat down once more in my quartz chair. "Very well, make haste of it. The rest of the kingdom may die if they do not make it in time, but nothing compares to the massive population of the capital," I replied. He ran off, in a fury of emotions. I heard the last of the note blocks song before I heard the massive thud of the obsidian seal hit the stones of the ground. But instead of a sigh of relief from the city, I heard a bone chilling scream.

Hope you liked chapter one! I will be updating this regularly, so be sure to check back for updates!

I just wrote this for fun, has no real purpose.