• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The 1.9 Patch - Class Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Survival Server
Here's a preemptive strike for 1.9 planning on the new stuff. If I missed major sections feel free to add what I missed.

Shields:
Paladin
Beguiler
Druid
Cleric

Dual Wields:
Berserker
Pyromancer
Ninja
Ranger
Bard
Disciple
Shaman

Two Handers:
(we'll need to see how to do this and what to change based on the code when its released)
Dragoon
Dreadknight
Samurai
Runeblade
Wizard/Necro
Bloodmage

Gliders:
All

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Unless we have our own logic to handle Dual Wields (Gonna assume we might), there is actually 0 benefit to dual wielding weapons.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
How exactly will ranger work? With all the arrows I feel it will be even more stronger than it already is. Also, I assume Alchemists will be granted the ability for lingering potions, potion tipped arrows, and all the new end blocks?

what if, for rangers, similar to backpacks, they could have pouches to hold different arrows? Just a thought.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Unless we have our own logic to handle Dual Wields (Gonna assume we might), there is actually 0 benefit to dual wielding weapons.
And assuming we don't have our own logic, we can't do two-handed.

This is a design spec, we'll apply the necessary buffs/debuffs (in the case of atk speed on two-hand) to simulate the logic of it within the constraints of the game.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Survival Server
Here's a preemptive strike for 1.9 planning on the new stuff. If I missed major sections feel free to add what I missed.

Shields:
Paladin
Beguiler
Druid
Cleric

Dual Wields:
Berserker
Pyromancer
Ninja
Ranger
Bard
Disciple
Shaman

Two Handers:
(we'll need to see how to do this and what to change based on the code when its released)
Dragoon
Dreadknight
Samurai
Runeblade
Wizard/Necro
Bloodmage

Gliders:
All
Alright so here is my idea:
Dual wielders get damage buffs by equipping two weapons in either hand, even if the one in the off hand isn't active. Easy enough to do, I think. They should also get a slight swing speed buff.
Two-handers get a damage buff as long as they're equipping only one item in their hands. Two handed swords will only be able to be equipped for one slot, and if it detects an item in another slot it'll automagically move over and de-equip the weapon. Two handed weapons should deal higher damage at a slower swing speed. It should also be an option for paladins or other warriors, as a weapon type more than a class specific weapon type (IE: Samurai can equip two tantos, but can't dual wield katanas, etc.)

Is it possible for Samurai to also use a bow, at a cost of a little melee damage? Samurai and bows have had a history, if I'm aware.

Shields: Obvious, just give them only to those allotted classes like the normal weapon's system. I don't think Druid's should get shields though. They're a little tough as is.

Gliders: Restricted to casters, Rogues, and support. Gliders might have a bigger advantage in the hands of these classes, and are arguably useless with warriors. But I mean, it wouldn't really matter if we did or did not allow them to use it.

I'm no balance guy but I think this is pretty do-able.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright so here is my idea:
Dual wielders get damage buffs by equipping two weapons in either hand, even if the one in the off hand isn't active. Easy enough to do, I think. They should also get a slight swing speed buff.
Two-handers get a damage buff as long as they're equipping only one item in their hands. Two handed swords will only be able to be equipped for one slot, and if it detects an item in another slot it'll automagically move over and de-equip the weapon. Two handed weapons should deal higher damage at a slower swing speed. It should also be an option for paladins or other warriors, as a weapon type more than a class specific weapon type (IE: Samurai can equip two tantos, but can't dual wield katanas, etc.)

Is it possible for Samurai to also use a bow, at a cost of a little melee damage? Samurai and bows have had a history, if I'm aware.

Shields: Obvious, just give them only to those allotted classes like the normal weapon's system. I don't think Druid's should get shields though. They're a little tough as is.

Gliders: Restricted to casters, Rogues, and support. Gliders might have a bigger advantage in the hands of these classes, and are arguably useless with warriors. But I mean, it wouldn't really matter if we did or did not allow them to use it.

I'm no balance guy but I think this is pretty do-able.

EDIT:

I suggest instead of making weapon types class restricted we try to make weapon specific sets an option. For example, as stated in my original post, a Samurai could opt to dual wield for a faster strike speed with less damage. The same could go for casters, etc. We should still stick to the classic restricted weapon system for shields, though. And for weapon sets, that should not change (Paladin's should not be using axes, but CAN choose to use two one-handed swords.)

Also for casters with shields you need to restrict how many they can use at once. I can see the turtle druid becoming a PvP meta speciality, with the ability to run around with two shields casting Ire and Fulmination while laughing at anyone who doesn't have an axe for shield breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.