• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TD Shops Need More Protection

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
With Autorenew on shops, this should already look like a bad idea. Players can sit and time their selling to then lower a player to 0, then buy their shop out from under them with no risk at all. I think this needs to have some feature that allows a safety time between purchases. This way, when the Shop Owner gets low on Money unless they are really inactive, they don't pay the price for dirty players.

Some ways I thought up of fixing this:
Treat these shops like a town bank. This way the money on the shop is separate from your balance and your gold/other materials.

Increase the time in between buying a shop to 3ish days. So after the money is not paid, the Shop Owner has 3 days or so to fix this or lose his shop.

Disclaimer: I am not a merchant in class or spirit and I will probably never own a shop, but I have seen this problem happen to two players already. If any thing I proposed sounds absurd, let me know with reasoning. Otherwise, discuss.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
You have not explained your suggestion very well, so forgive me if I make mistakes in the following:

Can't shop owners already pay for their shop in advance? I swear I heard that you could do this with noble plots, and they seem to be running on the same mechanism. If not, then a way for shop owners to have a small ''bank'', whereas money is deposited and not withdrawn, would be good. It would act as a ''pay in advance'' (if they do not have this ability already), which would be unaffected by people selling items to a chestshop.

Although storing gold/other materials in these banks seems sketchy. I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean that only coin can be deposited in this ''shop bank''?

If the above was done, then shop owners shouldn't really need an extra three days to pay for their plot. If the above was implimented, then the second suggestion would only help those who either forget to pay in advance, or those who did not have that much money to begin with.

As for players selling stuff to chestshops, this is only normal. An owner going bankrupt is only to be expected (well, provided that they are silly enough to let it happen :p). Unfortunately that is how economics works; not everyone is a winner.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
With Autorenew on shops, this should already look like a bad idea. Players can sit and time their selling to then lower a player to 0, then buy their shop out from under them with no risk at all. I think this needs to have some feature that allows a safety time between purchases. This way, when the Shop Owner gets low on Money unless they are really inactive, they don't pay the price for dirty players.

Some ways I thought up of fixing this:
Treat these shops like a town bank. This way the money on the shop is separate from your balance and your gold/other materials.

Increase the time in between buying a shop to 3ish days. So after the money is not paid, the Shop Owner has 3 days or so to fix this or lose his shop.

Disclaimer: I am not a merchant in class or spirit and I will probably never own a shop, but I have seen this problem happen to two players already. If any thing I proposed sounds absurd, let me know with reasoning. Otherwise, discuss.

You can always extend the date of the plot. I think the command is /buyregion renew [plot name]. This will push it forward like a week. I bought my shop till the end of July. When it is near to expiring I will renew it for however long I want. I don't even have auto renew on lol. That is why I disagree with this suggestion.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is easily preventable by the player as you can pre-pay as many weeks on a plot as you like with /buyregion renew [region]

I have seen regions that have had months of time added onto them.