• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Supporter/Town Channels Cross World

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Is it possible to have the private channels function the same as /ch o t re ect.. where they would work cross world. Currently, if I am in Bastion and someone in the chat is in Warsharp - you can not communicate with each other in these channels. It's a minor inconvenience as /tc needs to be typed every time you want to chat.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
You could always use TeamSpeak and chat with people there, but I do think pricate channels should work crossworlds.
Offtopic question: Do towns actually get their own channels? Because I recall people using their Supporter channels for towns, but every time someone makes this exact same suggestion, people talk about "town channels" without meaning /tc (which a lot of people dont seem to use), but instead the HeroChat channels.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
You could always use TeamSpeak and chat with people there, but I do think pricate channels should work crossworlds.
Offtopic question: Do towns actually get their own channels? Because I recall people using their Supporter channels for towns, but every time someone makes this exact same suggestion, people talk about "town channels" without meaning /tc (which a lot of people dont seem to use), but instead the HeroChat channels.

Which is why I wrote it as Supporter/Town, since they usually get used for towns/kingdoms. Anyway, I see no real advantage to making the channels cross realm when the main channels are as well. Not everyone uses TeamSpeak and should not be forced to use it either. Personally, I don't use it often because I share the computer area with my fiance who is studying for her CPA and would prefer I not talk to strangers on the internet during that time. :p

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The only chat towns get by default is /tc.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Lol you could have just told me this ingame instead of telling me to make a suggestion.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The cross-world setting can be adjusted by the mod of the channel.

Just need to set it.

I'm assuming the command:

/ch set channel worlds

I have moderator in our city channel and am unable to set it. Can we PE and have it changed?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just logged on to try this and it says I do not have permission.
Are you the mod of that channel? it may need a moderator permission node to set... I'll see if we can have the default channels created with this setting in mind - since its doable by staff.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Pretty sure I created the channel, but yes I have mod perms.

I believe all the default channels are fine cross world

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This kind of fell by the wayside.

Can we PE to have the setting changed?

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This was working towards the end of last map, can this come back? Do we need to PE for the channel flags?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I am very interested in this also - tried several of the commands listed above or varients but had no luck

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I am very interested in this also - tried several of the commands listed above or varients but had no luck

We don't have permissions to set the flag.