• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion support class issue

Cheif314

TNT
Im not entirely sure if it is all support classes, but at least clerics have an issue with healing everybody. while in pvp I have found that often times ill end up healing my enemy instead of myself or my Allies with both area heals as well as target heals. If possible I hope that there can be a way to lock support class heals to only themselves unless within a party, and if in a party to only party members.

So far this has been a main/big issue as cleric (especially since they are heavy support)

Side note / curiosity. I'm not sure how many classes have revive, but shouldn't that skill be pure support skill? I think paladins are able as well. (honestly not that important)

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
There are targeting tags that restrict what target will receive. Using /skill -tp will cause the skill to only target players in your party, alleviating your issue of healing the enemy. For more info, you can find the full list of targeting parameters on the wiki.

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Im not entirely sure if it is all support classes, but at least clerics have an issue with healing everybody. while in pvp I have found that often times ill end up healing my enemy instead of myself or my Allies with both area heals as well as target heals. If possible I hope that there can be a way to lock support class heals to only themselves unless within a party, and if in a party to only party members.

So far this has been a main/big issue as cleric (especially since they are heavy support)

Side note / curiosity. I'm not sure how many classes have revive, but shouldn't that skill be pure support skill? I think paladins are able as well. (honestly not that important)
This isn't a bug, simply add -tp at the end of your skills. For example /skill scaredtouch -tp this makes it to where you can only heal your party members.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There are targeting tags that restrict what target will receive. Using /skill -tp will cause the skill to only target players in your party, alleviating your issue of healing the enemy. For more info, you can find the full list of targeting parameters on the wiki.
I thought heals were supposed to use party targeting by default though or did that change?

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A lot of stuff has changed. They also took out name bind heals for some reason.
name binding has been gone forever. That was removed in dragonguarde/bastion.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Na, I believe we had it in Haven. Was def in on bastion.
Regardless, I think we should change back to party healing it's more new player friendly so they don't have to learn obtuse arguments for commands which cannot be found in-game only by digging through the wiki.

If new players were indeed having issues because they were trying to heal their friends outside of a party that shows that we've got an education problem as opposed to an issue with mechanics.

Last edited: