• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Summoning Wolves

Xenophobed

Wood
Simply put I suggest that either Farmers or Rangers or both are given the ability to summon wolves. Currently finding wolves in the wilderness are next to impossible leaving the Ranger's wolf taming skill basically useless. Farmers can already summon every animal minus wolves of course.

I feel giving Farmers or Rangers the ability to summon wolves would provide this much needed fill of wolves that we are lacking.... I personally would LOVE to see little wolf kennels if the Farmers are given the ability to summon wolves.

My suggested reagent for summoning a wolf is the same thing required to tame it - A bone

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeh, I just feel that this would make the ranger a bit OP in combat, as they could just sit back firing arrow after arrow while they have a pack of 10 wolves engaging the opponent in melee range.

Just seems a bit OP :p

P.S: I say this while I am currently a ranger in server

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
The only solution I can think of is having the 'summon wolf' skill and it does the following:

3-5 second cast time
3-5 wolves spawned
Each wolf has about 50 health

This means that they will be more of a distraction rather than a 'weapon'

Only my view of the only viable way to implement a skill like this.

Anyway, my opinion does not matter :p

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm pretty sure that wolves have been talked about a lot on the forums and that there are actual technical problems when spawning them (I think, don't quote me on that). But if that's the case how about giving the classes a command that gives them a mob egg. The skill will have a very high CD, the eggs can only be used by the specific classes and it will also solve this whole wolf problem (I think). Just my thoughts on the matter.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm pretty sure that wolves have been talked about a lot on the forums and that there are actual technical problems when spawning them (I think, don't quote me on that). But if that's the case how about giving the classes a command that gives them a mob egg. The skill will have a very high CD, the eggs can only be used by the specific classes and it will also solve this whole wolf problem (I think). Just my thoughts on the matter.

Yeh, good idea, would solve the problem of never coming across wolves in the wild, as you can tame them after spawning.

However won't there be a problem with wolves spawned further from spawn having a lot more health than others?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Yeh, good idea, would solve the problem of never coming across wolves in the wild, as you can tame them after spawning.

However won't there be a problem with wolves spawned further from spawn having a lot more health than others?

I'm not actually sure on how the scaling works if the mob is spawned from an egg so this is a very very good point. A staff member would have to test it to confirm

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
mobs would scale if an egg was used, it goes off where they spawn not where they are on the map.

ranger already is overpowered and needs a melee and bow dmg nerf, you can sit and shoot using none of your skills and still kill most people easy.
There is no way I could see wolves on any classes because it would just be too much, maybe if another class was brought in but other than that no.