• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Summon Squid

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm tired of having to traverse the ugly and dark depths of the large oceans and rivers of Haven and ruins in order to find 1 or 2 squids before setting back out of trying to find ANOHTER 1-2 squids 15+ minutes later.

I know some other players are also looking for ink sacks and to fix this I would like to see farmers get a SummonSquid skill that requires 1 ink sack but spawns 2 squids.

Any possiblities on this? would make Black dye easier to get ;)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
kainzo made the skill, then mocked us all by not giving it to any class. >>

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
We'll since the skill is already coded it would be quite easy to add, I think this would be great but maybe you have to spawn them in a "pound" or something like 5x5 and 5 blocks deep.

Just an idea.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
no way i wanna terrify my enemies with "call of cthulu" - spawn 20+ squids around you on dry land!

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I'd be fine if they just bumped up squid spawn rate by like 5x or so.

Also, if it's not something that you can breed like a villiager, cow, pig, chicken... you're basically summoning something with the sole intent of killing it (since there's really no other use for it aside from the item it drops) so in the end the skill may as well just be "summon ink sack". It's not like you need to have a pool full of squids for farming purposes, since they don't breed and it's an extremely inefficient use of space for "storing" ink sacks. I dunno... I just don't see the point. Just make it so squids are more plentiful on the map.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I'd be fine if they just bumped up squid spawn rate by like 5x or so.

Also, if it's not something that you can breed like a villiager, cow, pig, chicken... you're basically summoning something with the sole intent of killing it (since there's really no other use for it aside from the item it drops) so in the end the skill may as well just be "summon ink sack". It's not like you need to have a pool full of squids for farming purposes, since they don't breed and it's an extremely inefficient use of space for "storing" ink sacks. I dunno... I just don't see the point. Just make it so squids are more plentiful on the map.

Since Squids are a passive mob they fall under the same limitation that cows, pigs, sheep, etc,,, do in the main world.. They rarely spawn because of huge animal farms by various towns.