• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions to improve ''RPG'' elements in HC.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The following are a group of things which I feel should happen in order to improve the quality of RP in HC. We have many ''RPG'' elements, but they could be a lot greater:

1. Increase the amount of available quests. I know NPCs are broken/lagging at the moment, but once they are fixed, I think that many new quests should be worked on and implimented. I quite enjoyed doing quests, and it is a shame we didn't have more.

It would also be nice to see some of these NPCs (not only the ones who provide quests) in areas outside of spawn. Many RPGs have NPCs dotted around the map. Having the occasional few at the four spires, Warshard, Forgelight and the Nether would be excellent. I'm a strong believer in ''Enjoy the little things'', as you may be able to tell.

2. Dungeons, much like quests, are said to be in the works. We need these things as soon as possible. They'll be a great addition to the server, and it is unfortunate that we've had to wait so long. Regular updates on dungeons would also be good.

On the topic of dungeons, it would be interesting to have some scattered around the map, with locations hidden/cryptic. Maybe some ''secret'' dungeons.

3. Encourage people to use the trade district. You could disable PvP down there, but why not place a few quest NPCs down there? For instance, placing a quest NPC which asks players to bring them X amount of Y would encourage merchants to make shops down there selling X amount of Y, and maybe other things along with it. NPCs should be placed in safe, non-pvp areas, however. I feel that this will help to improve the HC ''economy''.

4. Have regular server-wide events, such as DoDs, ''invasions'', ect ect. I heard somewhere that Kainzo, or someone else, managed to make it so that these could be automated. None the less, admins controlling these events can make them much more enjoyable.

This thread is a response to Kainzo saying: ''If you want to make changes and or ideas for changes - feel free to create a topic on it.''. Kainzo

macura

Diamond
I personally want the trade district not to be pvp. The black market was a good idea but is not possible where contraband does not exist. Miss the old trade district.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I wrote this post yesterday, but when I was about to post it, my internet went down.
1. I believe people were told that if they came up with ideas for quests, they could be made, but I think it didnt get enough ideas. I would like the NPCs on the places like you suggested, though. Maybe they could tell some things about the place they are placed in.
2. Cant really say anything about this, as I at least personally dont know what the dungeons are going to be like
3. I remember seeing a single person in the Black Market when the Tree of Wisdom event happened, and one of the places a player would go for a hint was inside the dragon there. As you said, a quest or two would make people actually go there.
4. Cant really say anything about these, as Im not really active enough to play on events, but I think there could be a specific date on every now and then when an event could be held ( maybe once in a month or so).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1) More NPCs - we definitely want this - we really need active quest writers so we can implement it. We need more audience participation in this category to make it enjoyable. You DONT need to know how to code but you need to know how to follow syntax in scripts.

2) Dungeons are in-progress - I want to push our HeroBoss plugin with it as soon as we can. It's a missing aspect to a fun leveling system.

3) No-PVP is being removed and its being made more friendly to the public (Despite the shady name)

4) The outstanding events that we do will never be automated in the same way - we could do mini-events via plugins but nothing is on the table yet for that.

5) Karma - its the biggest RPG aspect we can push ;)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
1) More NPCs - we definitely want this - we really need active quest writers so we can implement it. We need more audience participation in this category to make it enjoyable. You DONT need to know how to code but you need to know how to follow syntax in scripts.

2) Dungeons are in-progress - I want to push our HeroBoss plugin with it as soon as we can. It's a missing aspect to a fun leveling system.

3) No-PVP is being removed and its being made more friendly to the public (Despite the shady name)

4) The outstanding events that we do will never be automated in the same way - we could do mini-events via plugins but nothing is on the table yet for that.

5) Karma - its the biggest RPG aspect we can push ;)

Tres bien! But what do you mean by ''No-PvP is being removed''. Don't you mean ''PvP is being removed''?