• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion withdrawn

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
The 3 different skills are there to be used in different situations. Allowing healers to use minimum mana or provide maximum heals.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
That's what the complex solution is for, controlling the amount of mana and the amount healed. It's very tedious to bind/type all those skills. Binding and aiming doesn't work well either.

Edit: also I really dislike when people rate "disagree" and don't include reasoning. Please respond, I'm curious. @Barnubus & @millejinta87

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree with barnubus its not tedious just plain lazy to spend 2minutes to quickly bind items and keys to peoples names. if its that much of a problem don't be a healer.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
So you want to revamp and entire class because you're too lazy to bind things to people?

I want to revamp 3 skills, not an entire class, because those skills do the same things but have amounts that vary at different levels. They could just as effectively be combined into one skill that serves the function of all three because it betters as you level. This makes clerics heal others faster and with the complex solution, more precisely. This also gives an opportunity for more skills to be added to replace these.

And yes I'd prefer to make 4+ binds and not 12+ everytime I go pvp with a group or start an MA. I'd also be just as content if the complex solution was added alongside the three existing skills or replaced one, I just wouldn't use the other three.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
No but your missing the point. These 3 skills are all Situational.

Bandage used for small heal for small mana and with very small cooldown
Pray used for heal for small mana and when off cooldown
Chant is used for big heals quickly for example in pvp when someone is being targeted you chant them to keep them up. whereas you may bandage because everything else is on cooldown and your low on mana.

It would be ridiculous to give the Cleric a heal that heals in each situation perfectly. the Hole idea of a cleric is to be healing your team mates tactically not just spamming one skill and healing them up easily.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
It is a bad idea to revamp 3 DIFERENT skills that have DIFFERENT uses into one skill.
It's like bingy said cleric is a class that require some brain if you wanna be a good one.
The skills are different and serves different uses as stated above.

It's almost the same as suggesting to revamp the wizards: bolt, megabolt and fireblast because it all does dmg.

Chant is used for big heals quickly for example in pvp when someone is being targeted you chant them to keep them up. whereas you may bandage because everything else is on cooldown and your low on mana.

If you don't want to make more than 4 bindings I suggest you to switch to another class.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
No but your missing the point. These 3 skills are all Situational.

It would be ridiculous to give the Cleric a heal that heals in each situation perfectly. the Hole idea of a cleric is to be healing your team mates tactically not just spamming one skill and healing them up easily.

I can see your point and what you're getting at. Bind chant to the tank, bind pray for the melee dps, and mix and match when the fightings slow not using binds. You like the variety and that is... agreeable and I will concede to that logic, wish you had explained it sooner.

I'll change up the OP to to the lesser thing I'm pushing for since I still got a thread open. There's no variety in the clerics talents, which is what I have the main problem with. There's no sustained healing skill , there's no passive talent that very slowly heals nearby allies, there's no talent that changes based on level or distance to target. It's all static numbered talents with warm ups.

It's almost the same as suggesting to revamp the wizards: bolt, megabolt and fireblast because it all does dmg.

You beat me before I could respond. Also those talents are a bit different, they can be spammed and you don't have to bind them to particular players. With healing you have to find your target amidst a group of allies

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree however Heroes in my opinion is still in early stages. I suggest making another Suggestion with a solid suggestion including names, mana cost, and a description of passive or other skills you would like introduced. However do remember it is up to the staff to decide whether it is worth implementing and also whether or not it is worth coding at the moment.

Considering they have many plans for new things in Herocraft I don't think passive skills will be number 1 priority However I look forward to seeing your suggestions.