• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SUGGESTION: Townships Feature

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to see a feature added (while Devs are working on the Townships plugin) that would allow a command to pull up a 'book' view of the town bank kind of like how the hero book works...just something that would allow us to see and tab through all the pages of our town bank contents. Thoughts?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Eh... I'd rather pull up an inventory that you're not allowed to remove from.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6

That wouldn't be too horrible. Mostly I think something that doesn't require you to type out /tb view page 1 then /tb view page 2...just one command that you can input that will show you a visual representation (whether it's an inventory, book, or whatever) of what is in the bank. :)

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Such as an inventory window with a single block of each item required, and when you hover over the item/block is says how many you have out of how many? That would be cool.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Such as an inventory window with a single block of each item required, and when you hover over the item/block is says how many you have out of how many? That would be cool.
I was going to see how it would work if amount was set to the amount there was (yes, even with the amount of cobble you could get in there...) and then hover for needed total/additional.
But numbers that huge may break things.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I was going to see how it would work if amount was set to the amount there was (yes, even with the amount of cobble you could get in there...) and then hover for needed total/additional.
But numbers that huge may break things.
Would it break even if the item was just 'renamed'? As in, it would be named "possessed/needed" and having a... subtitle for lack of better term, with what block it is?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Would it break even if the item was just 'renamed'? As in, it would be named "possessed/needed" and having a... subtitle for lack of better term, with what block it is?
No, no, no. Breaking is just in terms of visuals. I meant just having amount owned as the amount of the ItemStack... which as you know is only meant to go up to 64.
Putting amounts in Lore can only ever expand the tooltip past the screen edge at worst.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Even something as simple as just seeing how much of each item is in. We can always refer to the wiki for upgrade requirements, etc. No need to make the coding for such a feature harder than it really needs to be.

Moralsk

Gold
OK forgive me if this is stupid, but can't you guys rename things at runtime? Rather than let the game think there's actually 10k stack of cobble, put the amount in the name. Have a seperate int casted and thrown in with the string, use that as name for cobble. Game will think there's only one, but it will display actual amount.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
OK forgive me if this is stupid, but can't you guys rename things at runtime? Rather than let the game think there's actually 10k stack of cobble, put the amount in the name. Have a seperate int casted and thrown in with the string, use that as name for cobble. Game will think there's only one, but it will display actual amount.
We can add lore and custom names when make the ItemStack. Rather use lore than names, though. I was just saying the normal amount indicator probably wouldn't work, not that there was no alternative.

Moralsk

Gold
We can add lore and custom names when make the ItemStack. Rather use lore than names, though. I was just saying the normal amount indicator probably wouldn't work, not that there was no alternative.

Ah, ok, got ya. I'd guess that one possible advantage to using actual amount if it's possible is that two people viewing TB at the same time could see changes without plugin refreshing it itself or something? Backpacks, attributes gui, etc. is one person at time, I don't know if more than one person messing with it would cause problems.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
It wouldn't even need to be something 'live' for me...Just something that parsed all the pages of /tb view into one browsable book/backpack, or whatever.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Ah, ok, got ya. I'd guess that one possible advantage to using actual amount if it's possible is that two people viewing TB at the same time could see changes without plugin refreshing it itself or something? Backpacks, attributes gui, etc. is one person at time, I don't know if more than one person messing with it would cause problems.
Indeed, it would be calculated before it would be sent to the Player, the normal amount is just easier to see at a glance.