• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SUGGESTION: /skill runeport to use Runestones

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Put simply this would be the command to use runestones...this would be to separate it from the cooldown of your normal recall.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Put simply this would be the command to use runestones...this would be to separate it from the cooldown of your normal recall.

Doing so would empower the use of runestones a little bit more, which is fine in my book. A separate timer would be nice, indeed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Giving the ability for all users to have a second (or even third) teleport, is something I'm not so sure about. Maybe to a particular class/profession?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Giving the ability for all users to have a second (or even third) teleport, is something I'm not so sure about. Maybe to a particular class/profession?

If everyone had a second /recall for runestones and then a certain profession or class (Runeblade ?? Scribe ??) could have additional locations for additional recalls. That would be nice.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9

I guess it would be a matter of whether there is a desire for added mobility across a larger map (since the maps are up to 5000R now). When 1.7 dropped, there was talk of adding increased teleportation methods, and this could be considered one through the removal of the same cooldown on /skill recall and skill userunestone.

On the pro side, it would promote the sale of runestones as an alternative method of teleportation with a perk.
On the pro/con side, it might create additional competition with the wizard for ports to spawn (competition is always debatable as to whether this is a pro/con; I generally see it as a pro).
On the con side, increased mobility through teleportation does provide added safety to and from locations ~ this safety may be good for commerce in a way as the chance of hooligans disrupting flow to and from spawn (e.g.) would not occur, but on a PVP server, fighting travelers on their way to market is one method of PVP. We then get into a discussion about the morals and ethics of PVP etiquette/karma/honor/etc regarding who people should kill and who they should not, which is a topic for another thread.

If we were to restrict it to a class or two, probably Runesmith (the Creator) and Merchant (the Pulse of the Trade District) would be the ones that deserve it the most, though an argument for Miner could be made (the Acquirerer of Rich Raw Resources) as well so as to bring more riches to market in order to create a more vibrant economy (which is imporant in HC, IMHO).

-yav

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Problem with separate cooldowns:
  • Runestone to enemy
  • Gank
  • Recall away

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I was only referring to /skill recall being used for the 10 Redstone recall and /skill runeport being a universal command to use a runestone when you are holding one. Thus, using a rune wouldn't interfere with your normal recall cooldown and vice versa.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I was only referring to /skill recall being used for the 10 Redstone recall and /skill runeport being a universal command to use a runestone when you are holding one. Thus, using a rune wouldn't interfere with your normal recall cooldown and vice versa.
But the point in having them on the same skill is so that they share a cooldown.

The issue with adding in the ability to have 2 teleport skills on seperate cooldowns is that
  1. It'll allow people to easily traverse the map without actually moving anywhere resulting in less PvP due to no one being able to catch anyone moving from place to place
  2. It will kill the port industry due to everyone now having the ability to port to spawn (or wherever else they choose) then instantly recall back to their safe place in an instant without having to pay anything or wait for cooldowns.
  3. Those that are PvPing can do exactly what Naomi said above resulting in less risk when going out killing people.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
But the point in having them on the same skill is so that they share a cooldown.

The issue with adding in the ability to have 2 teleport skills on seperate cooldowns is that
  1. It'll allow people to easily traverse the map without actually moving anywhere resulting in less PvP due to no one being able to catch anyone moving from place to place
  2. It will kill the port industry due to everyone now having the ability to port to spawn (or wherever else they choose) then instantly recall back to their safe place in an instant without having to pay anything or wait for cooldowns.
  3. Those that are PvPing can do exactly what Naomi said above resulting in less risk when going out killing people.
Those are all great points Danda! That makes it make a lot more sense as to why they share a cooldown and should stay that way. We can officially consider this suggestion refuted. ^_^

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Those are all great points Danda! That makes it make a lot more sense as to why they share a cooldown and should stay that way. We can officially consider this suggestion refuted. ^_^
I was just giving my opinion on the matter. The actual decision is upto Kain.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
:p...still, those are very good points that I hadn't really thought about when I first made the suggestion.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think having a class or profession the ability to port directly off of Runestone isn't a bad idea. Though I do disagree with it for "all" classes.