• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion for Battledome

Think this idea should be used for a future Battledome?

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NU!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Isaaclite

TNT
So I'd like to suggest something for the current monthly Battle dome event. So far, there have been 3v3s, and a 5v5 (at least, thats all that I am aware of). However, the problem that some people have had with these events, is that people have to pick their teams, and organize themselves before the fight. Many people don't have large groups on the server that they could enter with into the battledome. For example, I myself, was trying to find a team to join for the 5v5 battledome (yesterday's), but no one was willing to accept me into their team. So, for the next battledome, or any battledome in the futute, there should be one, in which players participate without having to form 3 or 5 people teams before hand. This is how it would work:

The person that joins must be at least lvl 60 combat class to participate. Once entered, he/she and the rest of the participants will be mixed up and put into RANDOM 3v3 teams. So lets say a person wins his/her first match with random teammates. The next match, he/she will be put into a NEW 3v3 team, with other people that also won their first match. Eventually, there will only be two RANDOM teams left to face off, and the winning 3 person team will get first place rewards.

There will be the element of luck in this, making the event more interesting (interesting hero combinations) with twists and turns and way more fun to watch, but you would also have to be a good team player yourself in order to win. Many more people would join a battledome event like this, since you can enter in by yourself.

There would be the problem of the number of players having to be a multiple of 3. In order to solve this problem, 18, 24, or 30, etc of the total players that want to enter the competition will be chosen randomly, then the some of the remaining players that didn't get picked will be in queue for being a possible sub for the tourny (in case some chosen people don't show up). Please consider this idea.
I believe @Xanipher usually prepares these battldomes, so I will tag

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Part of the fun of having the tournaments is playing with your friends and your town. They know how to work together, they know how to communicate well. Another thing is that there are a lot of drama-filled rivalries. Imagine being stuck with someone who screwed you over once, or will sabotage you so the other team (with a friend on it) could win. I feel that people will hate this as much as forced group projects in school where the teacher chooses your partners. I think this could be a fun idea as a separate tournament, one with less emphasis, and smaller prizes. Maybe we can do one just for fun, to gauge interest?