• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion and problems

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
I was at part of the meeting and I wanted to get some problems across.
I am helping my town build some large structures, the issue I am having there is that blocks are losing their face. I am unable to mine them, i mine pass them like it was air but cant walk pass them. Also they do not allow me to build on them unless i use the other faces of the block to solidify them first.

About the BBB, I think a mall like area connected to a herogate where people can go to trade/buy/sell can meet. This will allow the people who do have shops let more customers in. A shop in a town may not get as much people then a centralized place, this gives competition for prices as people are able to search around and window shop. This central place also allows for prices to be stabilized by the BBB.
Outside of the mall like a town would possibly be not subject to the bbb.
I have taken aspect from many games that have trading with shops into consideration and i feel this idea is going to work since shops in a town may only have their own town people going in only unless random people use the herogate to check it out, unlikely. you really need a place that people recognized as somewhere to meet and know that people will come around to look at their items.
- Paying for an area for size/placement is going to be needed in the mall.

*Update*
This is to refine my post as I rushed it and am typing on a small netbook (hate this keyboard) I forgot who brought the BBB up sorry.

The point of the BBB, Better Business Bureau was to stabilize the prices of items ingame. Kainzo said he supported it when it was mentioned in last night's meeting.
The idea that I wish to propose is that a centralized area will be constructed to conduct trade/selling/buying items. With the addition of shops it would be nice to have a market that passively advertise items by the means of "Window Shopping" with out the person having to be on and so those looking for the items can just go and buy. The construction of a mall/market like area is to let people come and go without the hassle of current constraints with meeting and advertise on T channel finding no one with the items.
With the addition to the shop plug-in I hope this will create a more economical value for items and free up the time for others to not take time to collect resources and actually build or PVP, what ever you're planning.
If the new FFA (Free For All) are does come, I assume that certain items like clay will be found in one section or red flowers, a item of value rarely found can be useful or expressed better by a shop in the mall owned by the town (owner) in providing an extra income.
The separation of people working for all their items and merchants.
Of course this will not destroy the ability for people to find their own resources but now we have a place to buy first before spending time tracking/hunting the items.
If stores are placed in the town/capital/kingdom there is little chance of other people to visit, this is why i suggest a central place for people to compete for prices. Let capitalism do it's work, there is no problem other than the decline of stores intown but it does not hinder someone to do so as they will have to do so.

The area south of the glass boarder was already explored and so I suggest a region area connected by a herogate to be the location of the mall/market. sealing the area from escapees is possible and the task of monitoring the shops prices and rent date can be constructed in excel.
Even the shops bought can be sold off as an investment.

What do you think?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A merchant area with no PVP on the main map would be a grand thing to have. I think its very doable - however, it should probably be in a corner of DH Empire - to keep most people unbiased and administrated 'somewhat' by staff.

The BBB / prices would need to be entirely set by players.