• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion stop people from using TD plots as homes

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I looked around the Trade district today and the prices are much cheaper than regular spawn plots. I saw many people using their plots as homes. There needs to be a rule enforced to stop people from doing this. I go to the Trade District to buy and sell not to look at a bunch of covered chests.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have always just assumed that these rules from last map's TD carried over:
Rules are as follows:This shop is yours for the price below as long as you maintain it, if you are active but your shops are empty/not maintained, they will also be deleted. You may only purchase one shop.

Shops are allowed to be set up for services. The only stipulation is that you can only store items there that are required for your profession, ie. mats for enchanting etc. These shops are not to be used as a personal region/storage for your items.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Storage rooms are allowed. There are inspections held at random and if any of the chests contains items that aren't related to the chest shops in the shop, the lwc will have a warning sign. Shops are shops, don't try to live out of them (all floors rented out must be available for public exploration).

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I did up a quick example of rules that should be put in place based completely off of the rules from last map and what gabi just said.

The shop you rent is your to maintain. If your shop is still being rented, but is empty and not being maintained, it will be removed.

Things you CAN do with your shop:
  • Set up chest shops relevant to your profession
  • Advertise for services
  • Have a storage room for items that are relevant to your chest shops or profession
    • Having storage for anything else will be removed when inspected
Things you CANNOT do with your shop:
  • Have more than one shop
  • Use the shop for personal storage
  • Have shops for Gold Ingots
  • Block access to floors - they must be available for public exploration

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I did up a quick example of rules that should be put in place based completely off of the rules from last map and what gabi just said.

The shop you rent is your to maintain. If your shop is still being rented, but is empty and not being maintained, it will be removed.

Things you CAN do with your shop:
  • Set up chest shops relevant to your profession
  • Advertise for services
  • Have a storage room for items that are relevant to your chest shops or profession
    • Having storage for anything else will be removed when inspected
Things you CANNOT do with your shop:

• Have more than one shop
  • Use the shop for personal storage
  • Have shops for Gold Ingots
  • Block access to floors - they must be available for public exploration

Define having more than one shop?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I was really just quoting Xanipher from Dragonguard's Trade District rules. Just meaning you cannot have more than one shop ie: rented buildings.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Could we PE shops that have been completely blocked up? Like there are no shops inside.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Storage rooms are allowed. There are inspections held at random and if any of the chests contains items that aren't related to the chest shops in the shop, the lwc will have a warning sign. Shops are shops, don't try to live out of them (all floors rented out must be available for public exploration).

hey now don't do that - be reasonable at least. I try to keep some redstone in my shop (even though I can't sell it) for the times when I port to spawn to tend my shop and forget to have enough redstone on me to recall back. Some items like that should be allowed - or some basic supplies - like a shovel, axe, pick for modifying the shop, some building supplies - signs, chests, etc...

I don't think we should be living out of the shops either, but some equipment is necessary even if you can't sell it.

Meditrina

Legacy Supporter 6
It's a Trade District not a storage unit. Should be required to sell something.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
hey now don't do that - be reasonable at least. I try to keep some redstone in my shop (even though I can't sell it) for the times when I port to spawn to tend my shop and forget to have enough redstone on me to recall back. Some items like that should be allowed - or some basic supplies - like a shovel, axe, pick for modifying the shop, some building supplies - signs, chests, etc...

I don't think we should be living out of the shops either, but some equipment is necessary even if you can't sell it.
I wouldn't consider chests and signs to be nonessential for the chest shops, but chest shops aren't requiring tools to break/use them unless you are selling them and don't have enough storage in mentioned chestshop.

As I said, the issue is that some shops are being blocked up except a single chestshop leaving the rest of the TD shop useless. This isn't intended and it's not something that I want the shops to have to go through.