• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [staff] Guide Specialization

GoofyyGhoul

Legacy Supporter 4
I just became a guide a few days ago and I was a guide once before. I was recently looking through the wiki and I was looking at how some staff have specialization a like for instance how hilltims is guides and I was thinking, what if guides had specialization a based on social skills and how they react to certain situations and how well the preform? Just a thought haha

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I just became a guide a few days ago and I was a guide once before. I was recently looking through the wiki and I was looking at how some staff have specialization a like for instance how hilltims is guides and I was thinking, what if guides had specialization a based on social skills and how they react to certain situations and how well the preform? Just a thought haha
From what I've gathered the specializations aren't really "official"
Sure Lightning Acts as head Architect, but in reality all the Admins and Kain are in charge.
Tim might be the exception because he was S.Guide before mod, but usually the specializations just mean they like that area and try to take care of it (Like Jonsoon, there is no Economist position, but he likes managing the economy so he deals with suggestions for it)

One of the staff can correct me if I'm horribly wrong.

If you wanted to you could pick a Guiding field and be know for that area. Though guides in general want to be able cover a lot of areas due to not knowing who else might be on/what questions get asked.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

What kind of specializations did you have in mind for Guides? Minimike hit the nail on the head though, Guides should be pretty well rounded with game knowledge and should treat players with the same respect and care they would like to receive.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
But like the ones who are more active and more helpful have like a people specialization or something haha XD
The only categories I could even see would be:
Vanilla Mechanics
Herocraft Mechanics
Player Interaction (General questions about pretty much anything, or just talking to and helping players get started)

Even then, Guides want to be able to do all 3 of those, seeing as H chat is for basically any question.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Just thought this would be a good time to remind @Admins to promote the recently accepted guides incase they missed tin'so tag