• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spy as a spec for Rogue!

SharpPencil

A frightening Cactus!
Hello Herocraft and all who inhabit it! I would like to share my thoughts about a new class that I have come up with as spec for Rogue.. It is called: Spy.

Skills:
-Grappling Hook: This requires a fishing rod and can be used to climb up walls, get into your floating house, etc.

-Night Vision:Gives you the ability to light up the dark without torches at night for a prolonged amount of time. (Can be useful at night)

-Sound Grenade: When used, this skill will temporarily disable sound in a 10 block radius.

-Strangle: Must be used within a one block radius and this skill instantly takes away 10hp.

-X-ray Vision: You can see players through walls for about 5 seconds.

Other Skills:
-Sneak

-Tumble

-Possibly Smoke Screen.

Weapons:

-Bow: Does 6hp per hit.

-Iron Sword: Does 7hp per hit.

-Compass (Stop Watch): Does 8hp per hit.

Armor:

-Iron Boots
(No other Armor)

These are just some of my ideas on a new class I came up with. I hope this class actually does appear in the future!

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
Cool idea, all though maybe a bit questionable, it seems like a well thought out idea.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
I know there is the supernatural's mod, which has a class called witchhunter, if I remember correctly, and they had a working wall climbing grappling hook.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
couple of things to note about design development:

Grappling hook is not posible
X-Ray of any kind will never be on Herocraft
You can't disable client sound...
I know you say on your post wall climbing is impossible, but I've seen it happen with Heroes.

6XHbM.png

Digger360

Obsidian
Please don't request entire Classes

Just so I don't have to keep repeating myself, and to give people a better understanding of the current limitations in Bukkit/MC. I'll update this thread as things become possible or if I missed something (which I probably did).
  • Throwing items (non-projectiles can't be thrown)
  • Alternative Movement types (Sliding, Wall climbing, etc)
  • Enable/Disable client-side sound

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe a cool skill would be desquise which would make it so you look like a mob to other players for a couple of seconds.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I know you say on your post wall climbing is impossible, but I've seen it happen with Heroes.

It's not possible for Herocraft, the statement is still true. We can't handle movement-adjustments due to the high number of users we serve. Skills like grappling hook/wallclimb are obviously possible in the grand scheme of plugins, and by proxy anything that can be done in a plugin can be done by a skill. The issue is that it's not possible for us to support/use anything like them because it would cause the server to log/stop working completely.