• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Spoutcraft vs Keybind/Macros mod and karma modifiers

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Since autosprinting in Spoutcraft not illegal (from what i could find on the forum) why is it the sprint(); function disabled for the macros mod?

From what i see on the wiki (may be wrong) karma punishes you if you are good or bad. So the most optimal way to play would be with very low karma. I have to say this is the first time i see this in any karma system and I am curious behind the logic of punishing good players. In my opinion karma is used to enforce some sence of justice and prevent random killings, what is the point of the karma system here aside from titles?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
If I recall the scenario is as delf said. It's not legal and allowed through spoutcraft, it's legal *because* of spoutcraft, apparently there's no client side perms thing like there is with macros mod.
Someone who knows better, correct me if I'm wrong.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
If my info is correct there is none, so as it is now if it's legal and available for spoutcraft users why isn't it legal for hcmodpack users through the macros mod? Should spoutcraft users get a privilege over hcmodpack users?

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Would the sprint(); command on macros mod be able to be abused in a way that would make it something more than the auto sprint function spoutcraft provides? Because I just can't see the reasoning behind this.