• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Spots] Temporary reserved spots.

First off - this is NOT a suggestion regarding the donation system, or saying that the reserved spots should be made available to non-donating players.

What I am talking about is that sometimes, beyond a player's control, Minecraft can unfortunately crash. Errors happen, and it is very easy to lose your spot in the middle of an important task. For example, today I was chopping some trees and getting ready to mine some more iron. I accidentally pressed F2 and minecraft crashed on me. When I tried to get back into the server about 15 seconds later, my spot was taken.

So what's the solution?

Temporarily reserved spots. After a player leaves or disconnects from the server, his/her spot is reserved for one minute for them to come back and claim. This means that incidents such as minecraft crashing, internet temporarily going down, or accidentally closing minecraft don't lead to being locked out of the server for an extended period of time.

Thoughts?

I intend to. But first I want to make sure my friends are here to stay, that I have a stable posistion, and that I like this place (Good impressions so far)

Shenorai

Banned
Kain, what happened to the reserve list for Architects?

If anything, that would be the solution for non-donors. If they can prove that they are willing to put a bit of effort into the server via impressive structures, then sure, they can take up a reserved spot.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
That would mean to get into the server they need to be a good builder or pay money, though. The server isn't all about building, some people play just to screw around, some play to pvp, and some play for a bit of all but can't build very well.

I am very interested in putting effort forth for the server, which is why I applied for proctor, but if I had to build an impressive structure I would be out. I build square houses with a door and maybe a window. Also it has 1 floor full of chests.