• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Spells] more like Oblivion...just read it!

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
I think we should have a BIGGER variety of spells, in 5 different schools of magic... well, maybe not 5, but different categories, like attack, defence, alteration(water walking and that) and environmental?

I think battle shouldnt just be diamond sword vs stone sword, it should be diamond sword vs attack mage, to offer more variety and maybe make the /cast commands shorter, like /c fb, /cast fireball and it shoots a fireball where you aim. It might require uses to download specific mods, but I defenitely would if I could use it to shoot lightning at my enemies!

I dont know what to say now, I hope this gets implemented!

be sure to post your spell ideas too!

Angusward

Gold
I wouldn't mind seeing a few more battle-oriented spells as well, but I think you are underestimating the effort needed to implement this stuff.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I like an idea I saw someone post before, that you could blow yourself up without the actual block damage so there wouldn't really be lag. Just the sound of an explosion and some dead people.

When I try to think of good combat spells for mincecraft though, its hard unless they are buffs. Anything else seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of modding, unless the fireball was taken from a ghast and the block damage was removed, which is still a lot of work.

Angusward

Gold
Indeed. I can think of a few though, that MAY be possible (I'm no modding expert, so I'm probably an idiot for making even that statement.) Battle spells should be severely limited and difficult to spam. This means using a lot of single slot components and/ or including a cooldown period for each spell. The simpler spells are fairly cheap, using only small amounts of reagent, but the nastier the spells grow, the more reagent is used.

Boom - I like an idea I saw someone post before, that you could blow yourself up without the actual block damage so there wouldn't really be lag. Just the sound of an explosion and some dead people. (directly copied from above) (6 Sulphur; unspammable as the user dies upon use. Cooldown: 3 hours.)

Force - Cause an explosion which has physics but no block or direct damage; mostly good for opening up some space between you as a battle mage and your usually sword-wielding enemy, or for pushing them off cliffs. (8 Feathers, 4 Sulphur, 30 seconds cooldown)

Burn - Set an enemy within 4 blocks on fire; the fire is applied directly to the character and does not affect blocks. (Bucket of lava, Bow. Bucket is returned. cooldown: 3 minutes.)

Long Burn - Set an enemy within 20 blocks on fire. (Bucket of Lava, 2 Bows. Bucket is NOT returned. Cooldown: 6 minutes.)

Douse - Summon a block of water at your feet for a second, ideal for dousing fires caused by Burn. (Bucket of Water, 6 redstone. Bucket returned. Cooldown: 1 minute)

Douse Other - Summon a block of water for a second where the cursor is pointing. Help your non-mage buddies! (Bucket of Water, Bow, 12 Redstone. Bucket returned. Cooldown: 1 minute)

Fort - Create a 3x3 obsidian fortress around yourself for 20 seconds, sheltering yourself and nearby allies. Buy time to regroup! (32 Obsidian, 32 Redstone. Cooldown: 3 hours.)

Guard - Summon a set of leather armour on yourself. Will not affect armour slots which are occupied otherwise. (6 leather, 6 redstone, cooldown: 3 minutes)

Guard Other - See guard, but affects the target your cursor is on. (6 leather, 12 redstone, Cooldown: 4 minutes)

Saviour - Restore target health to maximum. (2 gold ingot, 3 cooked porkchop, cooldown: 12 hours)

Cage - Encase target square in cactus for 5 seconds. (8 cactus, 16 redstone. Cooldown: 12 minutes)

Corrode - Target item durability drops 20% of remaining durability. Does not affect items of durability 30% or under. So it may be inconvenient with diamond users, but a bum-rush won't instantly kill a diamond item. (Bucket of water, 2 iron ingot. Bucket returned. Cooldown: 8 minutes)

Summon Blade - Caught without a weapon? This spell summons a half-durability stone sword to your inventory. Cheap and quick. (3 cobblestone, 2 redstone, Cooldown: 3 minutes)

Regenerate - Regain 1 heart. (1 wheat, 1 redstone. Cooldown: 10 seconds.)

Naturally there has to be some testing and balancing, especially concerning a group of mages.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds pretty cool. I can almost guarantee the armor ones are impossible. It would have to go into your invintory.

The rest all seem do-able, but I don't know much about modding. Would be cool to see, I wonder if there will be any good pvp spell with the mage class release?

ZELLIS

Banned
Love the ideas angus :D Just don't know how possible they are. Dgco (The guy who makes the spells) should look at this.

Angusward

Gold
dyble said:
Angusward said:
Boom - I like an idea I saw someone post before, that you could blow yourself up without the actual block damage so there wouldn't really be lag. Just the sound of an explosion and some dead people. (directly copied from above) (6 Sulphur; unspammable as the user dies upon use. Cooldown: 3 hours.)
if there were such a spell i would probably spend most of my time "creeping" people and then blowing them up.
Cooldown time extended to 12 hours. Have fun. :p

I specifically picked these spells because they have the highest possibility of being possible; I'm not an expert at modding minecraft, but they are things which logically could be possible as I've seen similar applications elsewhere.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
dyble said:
if there were such a spell i would probably spend most of my time "creeping" people and then blowing them up.

Yet another reason I hate PKers. Born and raised sociopaths. *groan*

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
dyble said:
nuin why did u give me negative rep it was a joke D: why is everyone seem to be so mean on this server and no one will white list me. i dont understand what i did :(

Don't mind Nuin. They just hate Pvp like it's the plague. *Shrugs*

Angusward

Gold
I don't mind you doing the creeper thing; I just don't want it abusable. Just because these are just ideas doesn't mean they don't need balance.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
dyble said:
nuin why did u give me negative rep it was a joke D: why is everyone seem to be so mean on this server and no one will white list me. i dont understand what i did :(

I take all things people say on Herocraft literally, unless you put "jk", "kidding", "/sarcasm", etc. after the sentence. Jokes and sarcasm do not broadcast well across text, so when you say you want to creep people and PK them, it makes me want to anti-PK you.

Also, you neg-rep'd me because I neg'd you? That's a laugh. :icon_lol: