• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion soul shards and coal blocks and im a dumb ass.

jeckular10

Stone
So I was making coal blocks and didn't realize that I had all my coal soul shards in my inventory. I accidentally used them all in the coal blocks. Is there any way to change this? No idea if its intended or just 2 hard to change. Would be nice if we could make soul shards things you don't get that often.

PS: this is a bit of a qq, BUT it would be nice to change soul shards into things that are slightly rare, unlike coal.....

Last edited:

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
At the start of the map, the small shards dropped as both coal and firework charges. Not sure why the coal was chosen over the other @Kainzo

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Moved it. Not a bug. From what I saw last map there isn't a way to stop minecraft from treating custom items as regular items when it comes to crafting and placing. (From a gameplay standpoint not a coding one)

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Moved it. Not a bug. From what I saw last map there isn't a way to stop minecraft from treating custom items as regular items when it comes to crafting and placing. (From a gameplay standpoint not a coding one)
I think you can distinguish the items. For example: Crafting a Codex. Balance 2 is a piece of coal but you can not use a regular piece of coal; you need to use the Balance 2 relic

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
So I was making coal blocks and didn't realize that I had all my coal soul shards in my inventory. I accidentally used them all in the coal blocks. Is there any way to change this? No idea if its intended or just 2 hard to change. Would be nice if we could make soul shards things you don't get that often.

PS: this is a bit of a qq, BUT it would be nice to change soul shards into things that are slightly rare, unlike coal.....
Oh god, I've done this so many times. I would have much more money than I have now if I didnt craft all my small soul shards into coal blocks. I agree though, should be changed into something else.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Changing this after-the-fact isnt quite easy.. What item would be better that resembles soul-y that doesnt have meta-data?

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Changing this after-the-fact isnt quite easy.. What item would be better that resembles soul-y that doesnt have meta-data?

Would it be possible to switch the small souls from coal to charcoal? Not only does it have a slight variation in the look, but it also is not combine-able with regular coal. You could set up a vendor like the one for symbols to exchange the items.

theres also any of the dyes or gold nuggets