• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Something to help the economy

macura

Diamond
Currently the economy is in the dumps mainly because it is almost nonexistant. In the real world a surplus in goods (which is what we are currently experiencing) would benefit the evonomy because the value of goods would just go down to higher supply than demand and the economy would continue. Trade would continue because the person who has a surplus of iphones in their factory doesn't also grow food, therefore they are forced to to remain a part of the flow of the economy. However unlike the real world people in herocraft can provide themselves with pretty much everything that they could ever need. Therefore when everyone has a lot of stuff they can completely disconnect from the economy without any trouble at all. In general people just have way too much shit to need or even want to incorperate themselves into the economy.

That is my take on why the HC economy is in the toilet, i think that we need another sink for materials. Not an expert on the economy so i prolly said something stupid/wrong somewhere. If anyone else has any ideas on how to make a material sink or have any ideas on what is wrong with the economy or how to fix it.

My idea is to enable people to trade materials like diamonds, iron and so on for xp in order to drain the insane amount of resources that everyone has.
Like 5-7xp for iron and 30xp for diamond.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No, we wont be trading in items for XP.

We will, however, have artificial trade in's - ie quests, etc. That is already planned.

KleenX

Iron
If a raid plugin is ever used, (which is apparently is in planning) I think that it could easily ease the economy as raiding could be extremely costly. I also like the approach herocraft is taking by allowing people to use expensive items for nice benefits. I think trade chat and the forums are not as active as they should be but I certainly don't think that people are super self sufficient and there are those things that people need to buy such as leather. I think we need an increase in the prices of basic materials such as wood and food. (Imagine there were no saplings like there were on the beginning of DG??) I doubt the price of expensive items will ever change but lazy people will start to pay more for bulk items if the value of these items increase. I actually do not know if the price of bulk items could ever change considering the mass amounts of items people do have. I really do not know where I am going with this haha I just dont feel like going back to writing an essay. Also sorry for no paragraphs...

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
i have yet to see a successful superstore in bastion. maybe there is one and i havnt seen it, but i think if there is a superstore with almost any item in one place thats in a non pvp area, people would buy and sell more of their stuff. similar to the trade district in DG maybe? i think this would help with the economy.