• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

So I Rang Up My Internet Provider..

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
And.. They said everything was fine!?
They said my upload speed/download speed are fine? Nothing is wrong with my internet, yet I'm still getting Uber-Lag on Herocraft? My computer is fine, handling Minecraft easily, so I assume it is still my internet. I don't know what to say. They said it was fine, and it isn't, what do I do :3

Beast~

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
If you haven't been doing this already, go to speedtest.net and start regularly testing the speeds you get. Also try testing to servers in america. If this speeds you get are drastically below what you should be getting, then there is something wrong :p

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Well your upload speed is absolutely awful, and you have really slow ping and download speeds to the US, so that is a reasonable explanation for your lag :p

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Couldn't find Inianapolis on the little map thing, but trying to speedtest to Florianopolis and here -> Ping: 435ms -> Download speed: 0.59mbps -> Upload speed: 0.01
This speedtest was taken during Non-peak time, where I have little lag, except I get some spikes with "End of Stream" which is extremely annoying.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
The thing is, I have only experienced this lag problem on Herocraft :/
My internet contract still runs for maybe another year :/ Thats the bad thing :/
D:

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah, it is physically impossible to play on Herocraft most of the time, but on all other servers it's all good, maybe it's the distance of the host from me :/

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The upload speeds and pings are quite horrid. Our server / data center are virtually the same as any other in the same vicinity.

Not sure what to tell ya.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I know that, but the fact that the connection only sucks on Herocraft -> I don't know.

Jloy1

Legacy Supporter 7
I heard Optus was quite a fast and reliable ISP.
1815708225.png

This was to Indianapolis using Telstra.

There is definitely something wrong with Optus at the moment if your getting those types of results. ._.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Optus were SUPPOSED to be quite a fast and reliable ISP but no. Everyone I have talked to in Perth (Friends) with Optus -> They say it is laggy as shit and in the same situation as me.