• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Smiths and chainmail

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
As it seems to me and maybe other player that it is unfitting that alchemists can make chain mail armor. It seems like smiths who are master of the forge should be able to make armor instead of someone using a cauldron. I don't know how we could implement this but it seems it would be a good idea.

My idea is that we take the ingredients for chain mail in the inventory, and use a skill much like transmuteore but you make the ingredients into chainmail. My only backing on this is because alchemists can make potions, and uncraftable items. This is enough but like I stated before, smiths should be able to make armor and destroy tools while also have the ability to repair them as well.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
It's possible to make it a workbench recipe since it was like that on the test server a short time ago, maybe they could make it so smiths could craft it that way but not others?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's possible to do recipes (currently there's a dupe bug in the current plugin) but it isnt possible yet with that plugin to restrict the plugin to certain classes (or players/permissions)

It's something we want to do for sure.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Or we could take iron armor and transmute it into chain mail with a percentage of iron given back (1-2 ingots).

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't see a purpose in alchemist besides potions for cauldrons, the main item made is chainmail, so then cauldrons would be few minor purposes.

I definitely see how it fits with Alchemists, since Chain mail isn't obtainable in vanilla Alchemists have to magically make it with their cauldrons to get it into the world. Sure potions are great for Alchemist but they probably aren't enough to be a whole class.