• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Smithing Anvils Please!!

TFwf101apt

Dirt
I believe the smithing profession should use anvils somehow, someway, it only seems right so please???!!! A suggestion how... make it like the alchemist's cauldren, except instead of crafting make it the repairing part of the smith...I hope I helped and can be helped.

,TheFlamingShard (TF)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Indeed. Anvils just rely far too much on client side to work properly.
(Disclaimer: The same was said about enchanting, and they got that to work to the extent it currently does)

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Indeed. Anvils just rely far too much on client side to work properly.
(Disclaimer: The same was said about enchanting, and they got that to work to the extent it currently does)

Enchanting has some sort of Bukkit API available, while the anvil has none yet.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Correct. Anvils will remain disabled until a bukkit API is ready for it and we can customize it to work the way we want.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
the issue is that if we put anvils in now they will be completely free to use. It won't take any experience or levels and will only combine the two items & rename them with no down side which undermines a large portion of smith skills.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Anvils are something we have wanted to allow smiths to use however it is not possible to implement while retaining a good balance of cost vs effectiveness.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I believe the smithing profession should use anvils somehow, someway, it only seems right so please???!!! A suggestion how... make it like the alchemist's cauldren, except instead of crafting make it the repairing part of the smith...I hope I helped and can be helped.

,TheFlamingShard (TF)
We're going to implement anvils in a different way. Remove the normal Anvil window and let smiths right-click on them. Thanks for being patient - but it's really not our issue (Mojang./Bukkit)