• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill suggestions for Druid and Pyromancer

Isaaclite

TNT
Druid
So Druids are like those guys that are all about nature, right? So I'd like to propose the following skills:
Wolf:
Yes, give druids the ability to tame wolves, just like hunter, because I'm pretty sure a druid would be more familiar with wild animals than humans/hunters...

Nature's Wrath
Effect: Roots all enemies within 8 blocks for 1.5 seconds, and summons an iron golem (holding a rose), that stays and attacks enemies for 10 seconds, or until killed.
Mana Cost: No clue
Reagents: Dunno
CD: 15 minutes?

Pyromancer
Yeah, fire skill for a fire mage

PyroBlast
Effect: Charges for 2 seconds, then aims and fires a high velocity fire ball that explodes on contact, shooting out more small fireballs in random directions
Mana: .....
Reagents: Fire, duh
CD: 15 minutes?

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
I agree with your idea behind the taming ability, maybe it'd be cool if there was a twist to as well to set it apart. I always liked the idea of a druid summoning an ancient forest guardian (Iron golem) which would attack enemies for a set amount of time etc.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Would probs be op, Druid just got nerfed cuz it had its kitting to strong, (gg just put a warm up cuz THAT TOTALLY CHANGES ITS KITTING :/)
I wanted them to be able to shapeshift into wolves/sheep/cows/other shit.....

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Would probs be op, Druid just got nerfed cuz it had its kitting to strong, (gg just put a warm up cuz THAT TOTALLY CHANGES ITS KITTING :/)
I wanted them to be able to shapeshift into wolves/sheep/cows/other shit.....

Aww man I would love them to shape shift :( Probably a coding nightmare?

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Druid
Wolf:
Yes, give druids the ability to tame wolves

Nature's Wrath
Effect: Roots all enemies within 8 blocks for 1.5 seconds, and summons an iron golem (holding a rose), that stays and attacks enemies for 10 seconds, or until killed.

Pyromancer

PyroBlast
Reagents: Fire, duh
A few notes: Wolf is an ineffectual skill due to the rarity of wolves to tame. Until at least one class gets /skill summonWolf, Wolf will not be a skill that affects pvp or balance much.
Iron Golems are tricky to balance in Herocraft because they do more Fall damage from throwing you than they do by hitting you. If we can clear some of the hurdles to Allied Mobs in PvP, this could be revisited for Druid. However it is unlikely to be seen until those hurdles are addressed.

PyroBlast: The reagent "Fire" is really hard to get, and would have to be sold by a server shop. This would be different from every other reagent in-game currently. I think more realistic reagents for Fire skills that still fit lore requirements are Gunpowder, Redstone, Blaze Powder, Flint, Flint'n'Steel, Lava and perhaps Wood. "Fire" is not viable without a change to the basic mechanic of reagent gathering.
As far as a higher level Pyro skill goes, it seems to fit the bill. Warm-up, High burst, and it has the potential to set multiple people on fire. I think if the community supported it, the skill could be tested for implementation.