• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Simple Armor Solution?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Step 1: Raise durability of Leather and Chain to Iron
Step 2: Use the following table for movement reduction per armor piece per type

• Leather Reduction per piece: 0%
  • Chain Reduction per piece: 2%
  • Gold Reduction per piece: .75%
  • Iron Reduction per piece: 5%
  • Diamond Reduction per piece: 8%
Step 3: Now counter the loss of movement speed with the Strength Attribute.
  • One Strength is equal to 1% movement reduction removed.
Step 4: Win. Now only high strength classes can use the heavy armor without movement penalty. Sure this will not stop Berserkers and Ninjas from using Iron/Diamond pieces but it will detour Wizards and Beguilers from using a single Diamond piece and force players to decide how much movement reduction their "cheaper" armor is worth.

Step 5: Thoughts?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I dunno, i personally dont think the current system needs much fixing other than two things

1) Durability should be made more equal between all the armors (increased to iron as you suggest would be great) and between all slots if possible (chest durability = helm durability = leg durability = boot durability for a particular armor type)
2) custom stats items / crafting need to come out "soon" hopefully lol. then as kainzo mentioned there will be great incentive to wear a full set of armor to get the most stats.

I mean the system you proposed could be interesting and balanced also, I just dont think there is much wrong with the current system except for durability pushing everyone to wear iron / diamond or chain at a minimum over leather

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Step 1: Raise durability of Leather and Chain to Iron
Step 2: Use the following table for movement reduction per armor piece per type

• Leather Reduction per piece: 0%
  • Chain Reduction per piece: 2%
  • Gold Reduction per piece: .75%
  • Iron Reduction per piece: 5%
  • Diamond Reduction per piece: 8%
Step 3: Now counter the loss of movement speed with the Strength Attribute.
  • One Strength is equal to 1% movement reduction removed.
Step 4: Win. Now only high strength classes can use the heavy armor without movement penalty. Sure this will not stop Berserkers and Ninjas from using Iron/Diamond pieces but it will detour Wizards and Beguilers from using a single Diamond piece and force players to decide how much movement reduction their "cheaper" armor is worth.

Step 5: Thoughts?
We are unable to edit specific durabilities without changing in nms/bukkit (which means manage our own fork which isnt healthy for a team likke ours).

We are unable to reduce damage mitigation in the armor pieces.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
We are unable to edit specific durabilities without changing in nms/bukkit (which means manage our own fork which isnt healthy for a team likke ours).

We are unable to reduce damage mitigation in the armor pieces.

Thanks for the heads up, it's a shame that it's all so dirty on the back end :(

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with @Dakinara in that all the pieces of armor should have the same durability. This would help leather since it would get a durability boost. I can't wait for custom loots

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with @Dakinara in that all the pieces of armor should have the same durability. This would help leather since it would get a durability boost. I can't wait for custom loots
Diamond and gold should stay how they are but iron and leather should be the same durability gold should be one of those armors where it is like a great thing to have for casters for like a fight or two but not how iron armor is

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
yep.

What we can do is increase all durability.

I think that would help a ton as it's harder to get the leather then most armor types.

What about adding a movement slow to wearing the armor pieces so try to convince non strength based classes to use multiple lesser pieces instead of a single greater piece? Then as suggested above you could negate the slow with strength?

On the other side of things if the durability is increased with leather and chain then it will be used more often anyhow. I suppose the other side of the question is, is it even really necessary to force players in the first place to use multiple pieces of lesser armor? What would it really accomplish?

I think the best fix would be to make leather, chain and iron all the same durability, and this alone will be the best option.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Diamond and gold should stay how they are but iron and leather should be the same durability gold should be one of those armors where it is like a great thing to have for casters for like a fight or two but not how iron armor is
Sorry, I worded that wrong. All pieces should have the same durability. I hate having my boots break before my chestplate.

In this thread I would like the durability of the lower tier armors.

Briefly I would like to see a increase in the item durability of lower tier armors. Playing a Wizard, I naturally have a low equipment weight. I would like to wear a lighter set of armor, however. I see that as pointless because the armor will get destroyed soon after equipping it.

Perhaps a balance so all armor pieces have the same durability so you can pick what armor you want based on total equip weights
link: http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Armor_Values_&_Weights

Another feature that I could recommend is for the Caster class path to have bonus durability for wearing leather. And Warriors have bonus' for the higher tier armor's.

Thanks for your time.