• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Silent Door Opening

spiralz

Obsidian
I had an idea that maybe Ninjas or anyone in the Rogue category would have the ability to silently open doors. I'm not sure if it is even possible to program the door sound to not play sometimes, but I thought it would be a neat sneaky feature for Ninjas to be able to sneak into someones house silently while not triggering that loud door opening/closing sound. I think it would enhance the Ninja's 'silent stalker' theme.

macura

Diamond
I had an idea that maybe Ninjas or anyone in the Rogue category would have the ability to silently open doors. I'm not sure if it is even possible to program the door sound to not play sometimes, but I thought it would be a neat sneaky feature for Ninjas to be able to sneak into someones house silently while not triggering that loud door opening/closing sound. I think it would enhance the Ninja's 'silent stalker' theme.
When i first read the title of the thread i was like god damn not another dumb suggestion, but after reading further into this i think it would be cool.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
From just idea, sounds interesting.
Sadly, just glanced at the API docs, not sure it can be done simply if at all.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
A much better suggestion than your last one. This is a good idea and may even be possible. In order to code it though I think they would have to make it so that ninja's can pass through doors without opening them which I think is fine but may cause some issues with lwc doors

spiralz

Obsidian
A much better suggestion than your last one. This is a good idea and may even be possible. In order to code it though I think they would have to make it so that ninja's can pass through doors without opening them which I think is fine but may cause some issues with lwc doors

Yeah that would cause some issues for sure. I had a feeling it might not be possible but I thought I'd just throw it out there.