• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Sieging

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I heard Kainzo mention this is in work with a tnt mod that will blow up regioned / town areas that will then naturally regenerate over time. However, i have also heard that obsidian will be immune to the effect. I would love to know what the plan is for use of obsidian in towns, as i would hate for everyone to just make an obsidian wall around everything and basically ruin the entire point of the mod. My hope would be towns are allowed some kind of treasury or what not that can be encased in obsidian (with some maximum size identified by server mods), and that obsidian walls would be illegal, but i have no idea what route they plan to go with it.

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
There's something I really enjoy and find quite exciting about the prospect of seeing such a mechanism come in place:

Tnt can only be placed by miners. Meaning sieging is an activity that requires both excellent fighters, and excellent crafters.

On the top of my mind, the important crafter classes in sieging seem to be Engineers and Miners, because engineers have redstone repeaters, which is needed in making TNT cannons, and well, miners, that can make tnt.

That's really awesome, but I'd also enjoy seeing the other crafter classes coming in chime over sieging, maybe enchanters could enchant TNT to blow up more (To destroy obsidian blocks?)... In medieval times, catapults were used not only to throw rocks, but also dead animals, these would plague the sieged castles, maybe farmers could have a special made sieging capacity permitting them to put a zombie horse in the cannon? (That horse would not be rideable, but when thrown, act as an aoe debuff on the sieged town?

Babibab

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i really think everyone needs to be able to place tnt if that is going to be the only sieging mechanism, with miners obviously compensated in other ways (bonus souls from mining or something new, anything really). Maybe give miner "summon tnt" on a cooldown or something.

spiralz

Obsidian
I heard Kainzo mention this is in work with a tnt mod that will blow up regioned / town areas that will then naturally regenerate over time. However, i have also heard that obsidian will be immune to the effect. I would love to know what the plan is for use of obsidian in towns, as i would hate for everyone to just make an obsidian wall around everything and basically ruin the entire point of the mod. My hope would be towns are allowed some kind of treasury or what not that can be encased in obsidian (with some maximum size identified by server mods), and that obsidian walls would be illegal, but i have no idea what route they plan to go with it.

A plugin like this would need to be thought out very carefully. Remember this is an RPG server, so players shouldn't be blowing up and into other towns for no reason. If this will be implemented, it should only work against official branded enemies to a town. This isn't a PVP server, it is an RPG server with PVP allowed. I can see this plugin being abused to where a town would destroy and pillage other towns to be trolly assholes. I've played on enough Hardcore PVP/Factions servers to know what this would look like if it gets out of hand. Also, many towns keep all their main stuff underground, and a plugin like this would most likely push them underground even more. Not only would it make getting in very difficult for raiders, but it would also push away the RPG aspect even more than it seems to be now.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Once the PVE server comes in , we could think about having a siege mechanic.
I believe kain's current plan isn't to do that on *towns*, but rather to put points in the world that the towns fight over for some reward of controlling it.