• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Siege (Event every 3-5 months)

RagingDragon5

Portal
Siege
Introduction: Those who enter inside the event will be put into a random team and fight the opposing team for control over the whole area.

Goal: To capture all the land or wipe out the opponent

How it would work:
Teams: There will only be two teams. Once entered in the event you will be put into one of the teams randomly. With only two avaiable teams, hopefully we can get giant battles happening.

Stage 1(Preparing): This stage would be about 1-2 hours. Players will be able to pick their hero and profession from the beginning, but would start out as level 1. The goal of this stage would be to master the classes, obtain gear, and gain material for building structure. The exp should be increase about 1000% or higher so it will be possible to master the classes. Also ores should be increased so gear wouldn't be hard to obtain. It should also always be night time during this stage.

Stage 2(Building): This stage would also be about 30 min - 1 hour. The players would be teleported to their base. The goal of this stage would be to build up defenses surronding their base; traps, walls, etc. Walls and such would be destroyable by the opposing team through normal means; pickaxes, axes, tnt. Owned land can be destroyed by any player, but only blocks can be placed by the team that owns it.

Stage 3(Combat): This stage would last until whichever team won. The goal of this stage would be to capture and own land while trying to to take over the enemy base. Building would be allowed during this stage, as new land will become captured.
Map: I would suggest the map being probably 600 - 1,200 radius/ Nothing too big, but nothing too small either.

Capturing Land(Bases): To capture land, players must control the outpost that is on that land.

How to win:
  1. Capture the enemy base
  2. Wipe out the enemy team
Reviving spells should be allowed and not limited in this.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to suggest this, becuase I thought it would be a fun event for the community. I believe it would require a lot of teamwork, which could be a problem but who knows. Also people who are newer to the Server would be able to enjoy it because levels from Aegis or Sanctuary wouldn't matter.

@Kainzo I believe this would take quite a bit of coding. Would this be too much of a hassle?

@Xanipher Is this an event that you believe would be good for Herocraft?

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Sounds like something do-able. I considered having 2 pre-built bases that can be sieged with tnt, with a chest in the bottom of the structure that contains a 'flag'. Kind of like capture the flag but mixed with siege warfare.

Knowing some people, they would steal their own flag, so we can make it so that putting an item in the chest counts. Then the winner can be determined by timestamp on the chest edit.