• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Should we move to 1.2 without everything fixed?

Should we move to 1.2 despite everything working?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Only when everything is fixed

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just wanting to get some feedback on what you guys want.

Working:
LWC
Basic Region Protect (Like cuboid)
Channels with Chat (HeroChat)
WorldGuard
WorldEdit (less of you guys more admin features)
Permissions (Very basic but will do for our needS)
iConomy (works)
Herogates (basic form is working additional set up will be needed)

Not Working or ported:
Realms
Craftbook
Better permissions/group users.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I voted not until its all fixed. We need at least most of the things to be in. I would rather stay downgraded than go to an upgraded version with half the plugins.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Protections like Cuboid and LWC are super-important. If those are working, I have no issue with having to live without things like money or /cast, or sanctuary/no-pvp areas, at least for a little while.

Kaliven

Gold
What is the current status of what isn't going to be pulled over:

I would say as soon as Craftbook is 1.2 compatible.

when worldguard is working fine

When iconomy still works

When chat channels work

McGreed

TNT
Yeah, I'm with the others that we kinda need to know what has been fixed and what hasn't before voting. Not possible to decide before you know what kind of effect the missing components might have.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
As long as we can do protects, basic permissions and chat I say we forge boldly ahead. I can speak for a large number of Skyforge's citizens that are waiting for 1.2 before they come back to herocraft, I haven't been able to convince everyone to downgrade. Things have been pretty damn stagnant lately and I haven't seen any new faces. I don't think its good for the server to be lagging behind releases more than necessary.

Craftbook and realms are great but I can live without those things for a little while. Especially if it means getting all the cool stuff thats in 1.2, and getting more people back on the server.

Kaliven

Gold
With the additional information, I say Give us a day warning so we can make sure all craftbook machines are set to the "open" position, and we go for it.

I've been gearing up for realms being down, and craftbook being down as well...

since we all rely on crafbook so much --- This will however break several dungeons... but half my town hasn't been on since patch, cause they don't want to downgrade client, I say we bite the bullet and do it.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I am perfectly fine with updating right now if its just realms, craftbook, and permissions not working so much. Although craftbook is a really important thing for most people because of lifts and bridges. So many places would need to be re done.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
I personally feel that we need to update. Enough of the plugins work to get the server running on 1.2 It could be another week or maybe longer before craftbook and realms get a port. There are still several people who have stopped playing because of the server not being updated. If it takes much longer for the server to get updated some of those people will just stop playing and not come back killing towns that just barley having enough people and stopping new ones from being formed.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Yea thats a big reason to update neo. We have like 40 people on most of the time, while we used to hit the max of like 60 all the time. I bet the day we update we hit the 100 max fast and it stays maxed.

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm leaning toward go for the update. It seems like the most important things are working as well as a few others so I can deal without the rest for a little while. The new content alone would be enough to keep me satisfied until ports come for plugins.

Kaliven

Gold
Not covered in Kainzo's post:

Does iconomy work?
does herogates work?
Do the spells work?

even if the answer to all 3 is no, I still say lets just do it.

Abyss

Air
Basically the import stuff is: Protection on Cubes, Protection on Chests, No Fire, Chat Channels, Mods Abilities, iConomy

Everything else can slowly be implemented later, but without any of those, chaos happens.

Mark and Recall at a minimum would be really nice to have, as well.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Spells will be ported over - we can use the sethome / home feature (yes I hate giving these out) until we can get spells working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.