• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shaman

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
  • All totems reduced cool down from 35 seconds to 30 seconds
OR​
  • All totems mana cost reduced from 200 to 180
And.. Reduce cool down of healing surge from 35 seconds to 30 seconds.

In return for increased cool down of Windgale from 15 seconds to 20 seconds and/or increase mana cost of ChainLightning from 150 to 180(or 200)

Edit: Another Suggestion is changing ForceTotem to:

• It pulls non-partied entities toward the totem (Instead of knocking them up into the air)
Edit 2: Another suggestion is to make both Shockingstrike and EarthernFury deal their damage as magic damage, not physical damage. Not too sure what Shaman was intended to be like, but it doesn't even feel like a melee damage with buffing/debuffing totems class. Running in towards the fight just to melee is suicide for a shaman, most people would most likely focus you once you stop kiting and go for melee.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I agree reducing every totems cooldown by 5. But it doesnt need a nerf to any other skills.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Shaman in my opinion just needs a rework, it doesn't have an identity. It has very good heals, but also some decent Aoe damage. Right now it's classified as a caster, but I don't think it deals enough damage for a caster. I say remove one of the heals and add some form of shock totem back.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Shaman in my opinion just needs a rework, it doesn't have an identity. It has very good heals, but also some decent Aoe damage. Right now it's classified as a caster, but I don't think it deals enough damage for a caster. I say remove one of the heals and add some form of shock totem back.
Kainzo "Plans" on making shaman a support and creating an offensive-focused totem class in the future. This would of consist of removing shaman's melee skills and adding more totem and spells. Even if this where to not happen, shaman needs more skills in general. Not even considering the fact that you can only use one totem at a time, it has very few skills for a mage/support.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo "Plans" on making shaman a support and creating an offensive-focused totem class in the future. This would of consist of removing shaman's melee skills and adding more totem and spells. Even if this where to not happen, shaman needs more skills in general. Not even considering the fact that you can only use one totem at a time, it has very few skills for a mage/support.
TBH I don't think we can say he "Plans" on something because this has been said for so long by people other then him...
(Not Calling anyone out just saying sometimes things don't come across right)

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Edit 2: Another suggestion is to make both Shockingstrike and EarthernFury deal their damage as magic damage, not physical damage. Not too sure what Shaman was intended to be like, but it doesn't even feel like a melee damage with buffing/debuffing totems class. Running in towards the fight just to melee is suicide for a shaman, most people would most likely focus you once you stop kiting and go for melee.

HerpDer24

Iron
I definitely agree with this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • All totems reduced cool down from 35 seconds to 30 seconds
OR​
  • All totems mana cost reduced from 200 to 180
And.. Reduce cool down of healing surge from 35 seconds to 30 seconds.

In return for increased cool down of Windgale from 15 seconds to 20 seconds and/or increase mana cost of ChainLightning from 150 to 180(or 200)

Edit: Another Suggestion is changing ForceTotem to:

• It pulls non-partied entities toward the totem (Instead of knocking them up into the air)
Yah, I think several of these things should be able to come in until an eventual rework of the entire class.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Yah, I think several of these things should be able to come in until an eventual rework of the entire class.
Yeah I agree. Reworks take a lot of time, that's why i suggested these until we get a proper rework of shaman.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok so with the new balance changes to shaman:
Balance:

Shaman:
- All totems have been given 25s cooldowns instead of 35s. All totem mana costs have been decreased to 175, Healing Totem increased to 250.

I'd like to stay that the nerf to HealingTotem is pretty weird. If you have played Shaman after the nerfs in Haven and you have good knowledge about totems and have pvp'd with shaman, you would know that healing totem is a pretty bad totem.

I would say that instead of increasing healing totem to 250 mana cost, decrease it to 175 mana cost like the others, but increase mana cost of chain lightning or increase cool down of wind gale.