• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Settlement of Ares Information/Application

HeloDrop

Air
[align=center][size=x-large]City of Ares, Sister City of Artemis, Chronus and Elysium[/size][/align]

[size=large]Positions[/size]
Founders HeloDrop Blaker280 (no longer affiliated)
Mayor atvrider312 (temporary mayor until my computer is fixed)
Second In Command atvrider312 (temporary SIC up to atvrider312's discretion)
Generalissimo Ih0p
Supremo (n/a)
Head Architect (n/a)
Banker MatTripp
Location 996x 614y Approximate location of old gate. New gate is located to the North.
Motto Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war)

[size=large]Citizen Charter:[/size]
HeloDrop
atvrider312
Ehrlic383
Sneezy2c
mcpack
IHoster
zapperdude60
DottyIce
Ih0p
PayneTrain
frednoris007

Ares is now a kingdom! We are under KoA (Kingdom of Artemis)

In an unprecedented event, my computer fan broke and my CPU fried. I will not be on as often as I usually am until I do get it fixed. I will still be posting updates for the Kingdom as often as I can, so it will still be active.

atvrider312 is my SIC, and will take over as mayor until I am back on. I will be in contact with him via Skype so he knows what's up.

If you have any questions, please refer to him either in-game or PM him. He is in charge of everything mayoresque, including applications, acceptance, banning and construction.

The kingdom is currently still under construction.

List of objectives for town betterment:

Complete Incomplete

Mountain of Ares.
Institutionalization of law and political seats of senate.
Standing army established.
Plots for houses, storage and shops.
Depths of Ares
Establishment of official bank.
Construction of defensible walls and gates, armory and hospital.

I do not have a solid draft of a "constitution" for the settlement so far. However, the majority of the work done within Ares will be democratically selected. I believe that, in the interest of the settlement, I should hold veto power over several aspects of the Ares community such as building projects that are too grandiose, unsound demands for war or any other potential major turning point in the Ares system.

Application goes as follows:

Technical Information
IGN (In-Game Name):
Estimated amount of time you have had a Minecraft account:
Estimated amount of time you have been a member of HeroCraft:

Questionnaire
Describe your style of building in Minecraft.

In what way would you like to contribute to Ares? (housing, urban planning, public works, etc.)

What would you do if surrounded by a throng of creepers, spiders and ghasts?

End Application

If any of you have any questions, either include them in your app or write me on this thread.

Until next time,

-Helo

HeloDrop

Air
Thanks Kain!

Quick update:

I've been planning several different things for the town, despite my inability to be on server over the next few days. I still haven't gotten to a constitution for an official township yet.

Because Ares' is located near Artemis, we will most likely be its' sister city, and therefore under TOP.

As of Friday, 1-28, there are only seven total citizens. There's no way we could create a standing army with only seven of us, so recruitment is our first priority.

Here are several ranks for the military:
Generalissimo (Ih0p)
General In Proxima (n/a)
Lieutenants (n/a)
Spies (n/a)
Platoon Captains (n/a)
Privates (n/a)

[size=large]Generalissimo:[/size]
Command over entire military force.
Direct contact with mayor and senate.
Chooses General In Proxima.
Residence in a 15x15 plot.

[size=large]General In Proxima[/size]
Second in command to Generalissimo.
Direct contact with Generalissimo.
Chooses Lieutenants and Platoon Captains.
If Generalissimo is killed in battle, quits Ares or is not online, GIP is in command of military forces.
Residence in 10x10 plot.

[size=large]Spies[/size]
Unknown to each Ares' member except for mayor, generalissimo, GIP and senate.
Direct contact with mayor, generalissimo and senators.
Access to higher tier powers.
Ability to spy on other town's progress, citizens, military, etc.
Residence in 10x10 plot.

[size=large]Lieutenants[/size]
Command over two platoons.
Direct contact with GIP.
Chooses Platoon Captains.
Residence in 8x8 plot.

[size=large]Platoon Captains[/size]
Command over a platoon of five, including themselves.
Direct contact with Lieutenants.
Residence in 7x7 plot.

[size=large]Privates[/size]
Direct contact with PC's.
Residence in 7x7 plot.

Each citizen, including military members, may upgrade their houses according to their personal needs. For example, a Private does not necessarily have to live in a 7x7 plot. Each citizen of Ares is allowed up to three plots. For example, a Lieutenant may live in an 8x8 plot, but may buy a 7x7 plot for personal farming and a 5x5 plot for storage.

Senators are upper class members of the Ares population. They have the ability to declare war or create peace treaties. There are a total of five members for the Senate:

[size=large]Supremo[/size]
Acts as moderator of senate.
Declares actions of senate to the public.
Direct contact with Mayor, Chamber Members and Generalissimo (or GIP if Generalissimo is not present).
Residency in a 15x15 plot.

[size=large]Chamber Member[/size]
Decide on several important decisions ranging from public projects and urban planning to military decisions and emergencies of state.

To keep a balance of power, the mayor of Ares will be present at meetings of the senate. This is only a rough draft as there is no true system of balance between separate branches.

Appointments to different seats is a decision made by the mayor. In order to be granted one of the above positions, the requester must demonstrate ability to fill such roles.

Positions are chosen by the mayor and the senate. Do not ask for promotions. Your position will be revoked for a week if you do.

In order to become a spy, you must show your ability as a stealthy player who can get in and out of any situation unscathed. You will be chosen by the mayor and senate and will not be referred to as a spy in public. Do not tell others your position. You are essentially a sleeper cell. We will call on you when needed. You will be referred to by a code name on the town chat.

That's all for now. Till next time,

-Helo

HeloDrop

Air
Quick Update: 1/30/11

Ares is going underground!

atvrider312 is heading the construction of an artificial mountain surrounding Ares.

Ares has expanded to the water!

The beginning of the Port of Ares has been started. However, due to a server rollback today, much of the progress has been reversed. Will continue work later in week!

No new information on class/profession system for Ares.

Till next time,
-Helo

HeloDrop

Air
[size=large]Update 1-2-11[/size]

The first order of business is to build the mountain over Ares. atvrider312, Ih0p and PayneTrain are working the frame and completion of the mountain.

I'm working on the NE gate into Ares and the docks just to the North of the gate.

If any of you have any ideas or feedback, write on this thread or message me in game.

-Helo

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Glad to see you guys are making good progress! It would be really cool if Ares were to be sister cities with Artemis, along with Elysium and Chronus. Keep up the good work!

Lisugau

Air
Hey helo, you can add me onto that list :) (we played in game for a bit if you forgot about me :p)

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
HeloDrop said:
Thanks!

That's actually what I'm going for. I want Ares to join into TOP under Artemis.

And we'd be welcome to have you :). If you ever need help with anything, feel free to PM me ingame or on the forums!

HeloDrop

Air
Sounds good Alex. Thanks! :icon_biggrin:

And Lisugau, I'm about to add you to the list right now. I remember you for sure, but I forgot how to spell your name. :p

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I will be joining Ares since Nova is pretty much no more.

I figured that i would jump here to help out instead of going to artemis since this is a new town and needs some help building it up.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Cool, MatTripp!
HeloDrop, word is that you want to transfer the position of Mayor to your second in command, atvrider312? If this is the case, make sure to post your intentions here. Also sheddi sent the money to pay for your ring (which is now up), to make sure the area was safe and so that the thread could be moved. Please send the money we had sent you for rings back to sheddi, when you get the chance please :)

HeloDrop

Air
RE: City of Ares Information/Application

[size=large]Moving this thread to the official township page.[/size]

Last order of business on this page:
1. atvrider312 is my temporary mayor until I sort out my computer issues. I give him full power to choose his own temporary SIC and make executive decisions in my absence.
2. No worries MatTripp. I'm not Kaliven.
3. Still waiting on a friend who's going to give me his old computer (temporary fix).
4. Snowy as balls in the windy city. Just sayin'.

HeloDrop

Air
Sorry for not being on these past few days guys and gal. Still waiting on a new computer. I'll try to be on more by next week.

Also, an amazing opportunity fell into my lap today. I'm working with a local Chicago group called UCAN whose goal is to reduce violent crimes in Chicago. I was at a meeting today with them and several of their sponsors. There is a possibility that I may end up working with them on a regular basis, which means that I may not be able to be on Herocraft as much. I'd hate to leave all you cool cats, but if this starts rolling soon, I will be devoting a lot of my time to it. It makes my city a safer place and will help people find jobs, shelter and counseling, and I'm going to do my part. I'll keep you all updated as well, and will keep updating this thread as often as I can.

-Helo

HeloDrop

Air
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been able to get on lately. Lots of bullshit going on with this new computer and school. I'll try to be on by Sunday/Mondayish. Catcha then.

-Helo