• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Set up a YouTube team!

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So, I've noticed and heard this server has seen better days, population wise. It's not that new people are not coming in, it's that they're not staying. I think this because they don't get enough help, so they just get bored and leave.

So, I am suggesting we set up a YouTube team, possibly a group of people, who can make videos and guides on getting started, and new class showcases (because the originals are very old, and some are outdated. With these open guides, we could set up a shout out like the other shoutouts such as "Need help getting started? *youtube link here*". I think if we create new open resources and maintain said resources, new players will actually stay on the server. It'd be a large improvement.

Made on mobile, mistakes are abound.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, I've noticed and heard this server has seen better days, population wise. It's not that new people are not coming in, it's that they're not staying. I think this because they don't get enough help, so they just get bored and leave.

So, I am suggesting we set up a YouTube team, possibly a group of people, who can make videos and guides on getting started, and new class showcases (because the originals are very old, and some are outdated. With these open guides, we could set up a shout out like the other shoutouts such as "Need help getting started? *youtube link here*". I think if we create new open resources and maintain said resources, new players will actually stay on the server. It'd be a large improvement.

Made on mobile, mistakes are abound.
I agree 100% with this. @Knirps want to help with this too?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
See, the heralds were supposed to handle to YouTube channel but we never had the log in info. I planned and worked on a few different projects for the channel but.

Anyway, @ShadowRavynn this is your area.

johnnjlee

TNT
I like it, I have some easy programs that work very well. There is Screencast-o-matic, but there are only 15 min videos and you have to render one at a time. Then theres Screencastify for crome which is much better, you can render many videos at the same time recording 15 minutes at a time and it auto saves to your google drive.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I'll make some if I can get a decent free recording software thing :p lol

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
This is something @LordZelkova and I discussed briefly a week or two ago. I was somewhat involved with the last round of class videos, but an updated set of "guide" videos would be a huge benefit to the current and future community. I'd be more than happy to help make this happen. I need to test my new recording program, but I should be able to record quality videos with my current setup. I'll try and start an organized thread for interested parties to discuss topics and a plan of action.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This is something @LordZelkova and I discussed briefly a week or two ago. I was somewhat involved with the last round of class videos, but an updated set of "guide" videos would be a huge benefit to the current and future community. I'd be more than happy to help make this happen. I need to test my new recording program, but I should be able to record quality videos with my current setup. I'll try and start an organized thread for interested parties to discuss topics and a plan of action.
Was't even alerted to the tag :(
Anyway, I'd love to give guidance (No pun intended) and share the Idea list I made for anyone who wants to give these a shot.

tit_Jean

Glowing Redstone
I can help with some strategy and counter measure to prepare new player against classes. I could also record fights so people could see how it goes down when you reach the PVP viable levels and the pathfinder showcase. It could be interesting to record the events like free for all or 2 vs 2 and narrating what is happening so that people will want to take place in those and some people might just want to know what they missed.

Random Idea:
There could be an official YouTube channel for HeroCraft lead by some YouTube admins. They could manage comments, post videos of fights and showcase, put some annotations to direct people to the forum and store. There could also be a tread about YouTube for player to send their video files (which would not exceed a fixed limit of time) so the admins can post them on the official YouTube channel such as their adventures and Town ads.

This would advertise on a large free scale and help new players in their struggle for knowledge. It can also make the community grow closer as viewers can follow PVP players through their journey to the top and giving their opinion and suggestion to players. Some people learn by themselves and others by watching and analyzing what they are seeing to finally being able to fight on their own.

@Kainzo

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Random Idea:
There could be an official YouTube channel for HeroCraft lead by some YouTube admins. They could manage comments, post videos of fights and showcase, put some annotations to direct people to the forum and store. There could also be a tread about YouTube for player to send their video files (which would not exceed a fixed limit of time) so the admins can post them on the official YouTube channel such as their adventures and Town ads.
@Kainzo
*cough cough* [USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] *cough cough*

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
What the Heralds need is someone active to step up and take control of the team, I don't have anyone in mind for that atm.

If you feel you're up to the task, feel free to open a conversation with me and we can discuss it.

tit_Jean

Glowing Redstone
Yes people could send em to the team so they can inspect that and post them on the channel. That'd be great