• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Semi-Whitelist

After reading my post, do you think a semi-whitelist is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • With some tweaks, it could be helpful

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
The one thing that herocraft really needs is a bigger and more active playerbase. To achive this, I have come up with an idea for a semi-whitelist.

This would mean that anyone could log on to the server, but they would have set permissions like not being able to break blocks. There would have to be a set area in the spawn so no non-whitlisted player could leave, but whitelisted players could.

Considering the spamming issue, there would have to be a plugin implemented, so that no player could talk in rapid succession.

In my opinion, when I am looking for a new server, I am looking for one with no white-list, so I can jump in and play right from the start, not waiting a day to get accepted. This idea could make herocraft much bigger than it is now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think you're referring to a "grey" list.. where players can join and chat in a single channel but then have to be whitelisted to move past X.

We are having a no-whitelist week on 4/20-4/23 - we'll see how that goes.

I'm not opposed to a grey list but it does bring several problems to the table.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
The one thing that herocraft really needs is a bigger and more active playerbase. To achive this, I have come up with an idea for a semi-whitelist.

This would mean that anyone could log on to the server, but they would have set permissions like not being able to break blocks. There would have to be a set area in the spawn so no non-whitlisted player could leave, but whitelisted players could.

Considering the spamming issue, there would have to be a plugin implemented, so that no player could talk in rapid succession.

In my opinion, when I am looking for a new server, I am looking for one with no white-list, so I can jump in and play right from the start, not waiting a day to get accepted. This idea could make herocraft much bigger than it is now.

Mute everyone who isn't whitelisted, as well as give them nothing. And make sure someone doesn't spam the server with bots to fill the Server slots, make a 'cap' for the amount of non-whitelisted people, like 20-30.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I think you're referring to a "grey" list.. where players can join and chat in a single channel but then have to be whitelisted to move past X.

Thats exactly what I meant. I'm sure the no white-list weekend will go great if some precautions are set in place so nothing goes wrong.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

Just curious Kainzo, what would be the problems?

Glent

Glowing Redstone

Join server to try it out, before considering application
Can't do anything: Can't talk, can't leave spawn, all you can do is read stuff. You don't get to play at all.
Horrible first impression, don't want to bother applying for server as it seems utter shit.
Tell any potentially interested friends that server is terrible.

Don't like the idea.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I do not think you can get a real feel for a server by sitting in spawn and not being able to do anything. If anything, I think having more frequent "no whitelist weekend" to be the best idea.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Or maybe people should take the time to make a good whitelist application. We should be more strict with who we let in.
I hate new people..

Well then all you really need to give them is the power to choose a hero.
Limiting it to level 10 so they learn their first skill is probably an ideal route.

The idea of a greylist is a "try before you buy" sort of concept.
You want to make the customer interested in the product without giving him/her the actual product.
So it's basically just advertising, except it's first hand experience.

Not letting them out of spawn is a horrible way to advertise.. just saying. Now I know this is contradicting my statement, but I also agree with st3pur on this too, if they can't take the time to fill out an honest application then they don't have any right in participating in an awesome server.