• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SellChainGrade

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
From what I learned in-game, neither Alchemists nor Smiths can make chest shops to sell the chain mail that they can create.

I definitely think Smith should be able to sell all armor besides leather (gold, chain, iron and diamond). The lore is there, and so is the need.

The direction Alchemists are heading is away from chain creation, needs confirmation.

I know that certain mechanics are being considered that will increase the market for miscellaneous reagents, allowing Merchants and Alchemists to have more to sell. Even without that implemented, many of the shops I try to buy from now are out-of-stock, even while their owners are advertising in trade, and I think that the economy could easily allow this.

Make sure that merchants are the still only ones who can sell enchanted armor or leather armor in chest shops. It doesn't make lore sense to grant either to any other class.

Thoughts?

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with this most of the sales I made as smith were for diamond swords not much on armor but people are always wanting to buy chain and atm it currently involves being online to make the trade.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I thought of one important lore limitation, that would also play well into the idea of preserving Merchant uniqueness.

Blacksmiths did not have multiple locations, like merchants. They stayed next to their forge.
Consider limiting the number of shops Smith can create (for each individual item) to 1. For example, only one chain leg shop per smith. This would force players to pick their locations carefully, even more so than the coin reagent.

TL;DR Smiths get SellChainGrade, also get new limits on how many armor shops Smiths can make (1 per piece of armor?)