• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Skill Suggestion

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai in lore and as a class was a warrior of great strength. But the problem is that warriors are supposed to have a better chance of killing casters than other classes. Samurai do not have the bulk of other warrriors and usually never wear armor. And casters are hard to get to without skills or a potion (will Explain potions later). But a samurai sprints to the caster and hits them once knocking them back. So the samurai only hits once and is killed by the caster. I propose that samurai gets a gap closing move since DPS only works when you can hit the target. So the format of the skill would be much like dragoons charge.

Skill name: Lunge
Mana cost: 20
Cooldown: 20-30 secs
Description: The caster lunges 5 blocks in any direction.

With potions, you would get the same effect as this skill. But alchemists would raise prices on speed pots and caster would start carrying them. This has been wanted by many samurais who I've talked to over the course of 5 days all complaining over samurais lack of be able to hit casters making it impossible to kill them.

And please suggest other skills. And no douchy answers. Please respond in a civil way and contribute to the thread in a useful way. :D

Or we could One back. Can Kainzo or Sleaker please look at this. Any constructive criticism would help.

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
I think this would make them OP if the cooldown is that short. Make it a 30-60 seconds, so it couldn't be spammed. Otherwise, you'd have this person spam jumping at you with a 12hp diamond sword. Interesting idea though.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Regarding the whole class "triangle" (not trying to de-rail the topic) but, I think any class should be able to kill any class without any obvious advantage over the entire tier of classes.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
exactly my point. WE could get One back since It made samurai special if it every started to work.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I personaly haven't played samurai, but I think with a decent speed "buff"/attack skill they would be set (like the one you suggest). The only reason they have a hard time is that everyone goes at the same speed and thats the downfall to a few classes. But that's not to say that with the skill they would be "OP", it just needs to be adjusted to a decent mana intake, cool down and speed of the attack. (Hope i'm making sense :D)

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Regarding the whole class "triangle" (not trying to de-rail the topic) but, I think any class should be able to kill any class without any obvious advantage over the entire tier of classes.

My vison of a class triangle is simple. Some classes have an advantage over the other, but at the end of the day, all classes can kill any class they come across, just some will be harder than others.

Warrior -> Rogues
Rogues -> Casters
Casters -> Warriors
Clerics (excluding Deciples) -> None, but are typicly just a support class anyway.
Deciples -> Balanced between all

Legends -> OP against all

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Dielan says Kainzo says he wants all classes to stand a chance against all other classes, but that the triangle indicates that one path has advantages over another path. So there's that.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Dielan says Kainzo says he wants all classes to stand a chance against all other classes, but that the triangle indicates that one path has advantages over another path. So there's that.
And from experience samurai's don't have the bulk to take on a caster by strafing. So either give us a gap closing move or one back.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think this would make them OP if the cooldown is that short. Make it a 30-60 seconds, so it couldn't be spammed. Otherwise, you'd have this person spam jumping at you with a 12hp diamond sword. Interesting idea though.
Samurais does 10HP with Diamond Sword, not 12.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Advantage =/= Chance

I could have an advantage over a level 5 Rogue. Doesn't mean he can't kill me.

Warriors can kill casters without a terrible amount of difficulty, they can kill Rogues much easier though. It's harder than you think to kill a warrior as a caster. If the warrior is good at their class, evading one or two fireballs means the caster (excluding Geos with their 4 second consume cd) doesn't have enough mana to finish off the warrior.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Advantage =/= Chance

I could have an advantage over a level 5 Rogue. Doesn't mean he can't kill me.

Warriors can kill casters without a terrible amount of difficulty, they can kill Rogues much easier though. It's harder than you think to kill a warrior as a caster. If the warrior is good at their class, evading one or two fireballs means the caster (excluding Geos with their 4 second consume cd) doesn't have enough mana to finish off the warrior.
But with root it makes you unable to move. You get hit with a fireball and then you can't run because of fire tick damage and then makes it harder to kill them. When you're killing them they get one more fireball off and knock back plus fire lets the caster gain distance and then your at low health. Plus there is the root, fireball, bolt combo or fireball, iceboat or deepfreeze or web skeleton, plague, decay, fireball or piggify and fireball. which does half health to me.