• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Lunge Skill

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
In the past, One has been a very strong skill for Samurai. I would like to see New Sammy be mobile, but rely less on A) Flat speed boosts of the One skill, and B) Left click damage. Therefore I would suggest a weaker One-like skill, with other mobility skills included.
Numbers are made-up.

This skill will be called:
Japanese-Word-For-Samurai-Running-Past-You-And-Cutting-You-In-Half.
Whatever that ^ is, I am sure that my feeble google translate attempt would be ridiculed by some of you Japanese lore know-it-alls.

/skill SammyLunge: Warm-up of 1 sec. The Samurai dashes instantly (blinks) forward, slicing their opponent's torso, doing X damage (through armor? causes Bleed? etc?) and carrying the samurai 5 blocks past their opponent. Range: 3 blocks to start warm-up, target must be within 7 blocks at the end of the warm-up for the skill to go off.
cit_kara_no_kyoukai_-_Shiki_-_your_zombie_asplode.jpg

photo credit: Malikdanab

Possible? Is it possible to make the blink's vector based off the positions of the Samurai and the Target and then extend the blink on that line just past the target, giving the appearance that the target has been "run through"?

Thoughts?
edit: If Mojang ever includes Dresses in-game alongside pants, Sammy better wear a dress.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
There isn't really a name for it (from what I can tell). I like the concept though :)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
For lore* reasons maybe make this a finisher skill? Something along the lines that it deals more damage the weaker you are (last stand skill) the weaker your opponent is (assassinate skill) or combination (final clash). It would make most sense for the damage to pierce armor.
*By lore I mean "rule of cool"

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
but samurai isnt back yet.
Oh, is the skillset ready? I figured that Old Sammy would overlap with Beserker's role too much to be re-implemented, and I had no idea how far you were on New Sammy, so I threw this out there.

macura

Diamond
I liked samurai being the left click class, especially now that ninja's left click is shit if ur not backstabbing

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked samurai being the left click class, especially now that ninja's left click is shit if ur not backstabbing
^
I thought samurai was a mobile lightweight class based on basic attacks, so this makes sense.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
off topic...
The general direction is away from left click damage, but if you miss the ability to burst someone with a few melee hits regardless of being sneaky, Runeblade is the new way to go.