• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblades

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok so I really liked runeblades skills and I was thinking about changing to one but everyone says they stink.Ive only seen one person who mastered it,so it's underpopulated.the reason everyone says it stinks is it has almost the lowest hp, and they say its amor is terriable and ninjas are better because of the armor and sword damage. So I think rune blades should get one more piece of chain or a small hp boost

Y

ytiggidmas

Ok so I really liked runeblades skills and I was thinking about changing to one but everyone says they stink.Ive only seen one person who mastered it,so it's underpopulated.the reason everyone says it stinks is it has almost the lowest hp, and they say its amor is terriable and ninjas are better because of the armor and sword damage. So I think rune blades should get one more piece of chain or a small hp boost
I think ninja's and runeblade's health amounts should be swapped. ninja has too much health for the amount of damage it offers.

macura

Diamond
I think ninja's and runeblade's health amounts should be swapped. ninja has too much health for the amount of damage it offers.
Runeblades need a low amount of health, they are the most underrated and underestimated class.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Runeblade is not a finished class by any means. Balance team and devs still need feedback on the class itself.
Thing is there is not enough runeblades out there to bring feed back[DOUBLEPOST=1359377498,1359377436][/DOUBLEPOST]I've decided to go runeblade so I can bring feed back and because I personally like the class

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I am currently leveling Runeblade, and I have also seen a plenty of other Runeblades. I have also seen two mastered ones, but anyway. I'll try give some feedback when I master the class.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I didn't play Runeblade for very long, but I really wasn't that impressed.

They have several skills that are essentially worthless, and their other skills are all copies of skills from other classes. You can make it work, and it is pretty good at 1v1ing casters, but that's about it.

Iceblade does not do anywhere near the damage the tooltip states, and I'm not entirely sure it's penetrating armor as it should be.

Runeword feels as though it should be useful, but I think the warm-up makes using it unreliable.

BladeDance is just a renamed cleave with an insanely high stamina cost. Cleave is already underused on most warrior specs, and for it to have such an absurd stamina cost for runeblade makes it unreliable in a real fight.

And since the nerf, Firewave is pretty garbage. (For both Runeblade and Pyro)

In general, I feel as though there's no "heart" to the runeblade. He feels like an abomination that was thrown together in 5 minutes. There's no true unique "feel" to the class, and I think that that is the real issue. You can tweak his damage numbers and rebalance stamina costs, but in the end, runeblade feels nothing like a true "RuneBlade". He feels like a crappy ninja with instant damage nukes.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe people haven't figured it out yet, or what the correct playstyle is, but when I was testing macura it had stupid advantages on other classes on skills that you would be surprised by. It's a solid class right now...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I feel the stam drain for Runeword is un-needed and not in play with the Lore of the class. It's purely mana. So removing the stam associated with Runeword.

The casting time for Runeword has also been removed for better play-ability.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly, runeblade is really good as it is, but could use some tweaks. The only thing that would make it better is probably a little more armor. Perhaps a helmet, or leggings.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Any chance Flameshield could be changed from what it is in-game to what Wiki says it should be? According to Wiki, it block incomin skill attacks, but in-game, its 8 second Fire Resistance. Imo Fire Resistance is useless, unless you are going to swim in lava, and even then you still lose a few hearts from burn damage. It would be a good combat skill if it did what Wiki says, and blocked skill damage. If that makes it too strong, maybe you could increase the cooldown (which is 30 seconds currently).

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Any chance Flameshield could be changed from what it is in-game to what Wiki says it should be? According to Wiki, it block incomin skill attacks, but in-game, its 8 second Fire Resistance. Imo Fire Resistance is useless, unless you are going to swim in lava, and even then you still lose a few hearts from burn damage. It would be a good combat skill if it did what Wiki says, and blocked skill damage. If that makes it too strong, maybe you could increase the cooldown (which is 30 seconds currently).

It just seems like a very niche skill, imo. Who has fire skill damage? Beguilers, wizards, and pyros. Runeblades don't need too much help against caster classes as it is.
Most people agree that runeblades aren't quite tanky enough for a melee class, so maybe instead of extra armor, they can get a damage reduction skill, so they can get in, burst and try to get out. I was thinking something like 30-40% damage reduction for 5-10 seconds (rough numbers) on a minute cd, that way you have a way to tank a bit better for a few seconds, while you hit like a truck, then get out. Those numbers would have to be play tested, but it would help give runeblade a bit more staying power, while still allowing for balancing of their massive damage output

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3

Flameshield blocks fireballs completly. Atleast it did a month ago and I don't think the skill has been touched since then.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Runeblades have CRAZY BURST, maybe close to ninja burst. They also have great mobility with one.