• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade high armour?

Moralsk

Gold
I understand that rogues aren't heavy armour builds, but seriously runeblade's armour weight IMO is ridiculous. Compared to the other rogues it's like wearing paper mache armour. It's even lower than all the casters? They were already given very low health, I don't understand why they need to be so squishy both ways? The other rougues all match runeblade in damage(or surpass) as is, only advantage is runeblade's anti-mage abilities.

I'm not saying give them high armour, I'm just saying it's weird that they're the second lowest in armour out of all the classes.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
25-28ish armor points is the base I believe. I don't think you did too much research before posting this... My RB build includes 34 endurance and have a total of 50 armor weight. It's the attribute build that you're upset about I believe. Taking weights from other rogues - Ninja 30, Bard 38.7, Ranger 36.75. While runeblade's base is 25. I'm 90% sure it's the attribute build, but I could be wrong as the wiki is semi inactive.

Moralsk

Gold
@Jpenguin I just find it odd that even wizards have a higher base armour weight. Now the actual applicable difference is pretty much nothing. You won't wear anything dramatically better with a 1-2 carry-weight difference, I just still don't understand why they have to be so fragile when they do no more damage than any of the other rogues.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
You are so wrong with saying all rogues match or surpass runeblades damage......
Bard has more silences and aoes but dosnt surpass the damage
Ninja requires backstabs
and Lets go off of Rangers melee cuz u cant compare to totally different things like that

Moralsk

Gold
You are so wrong with saying all rogues match or surpass runeblades damage......
Bard has more silences and aoes but dosnt surpass the damage
Ninja requires backstabs
and Lets go off of Rangers melee cuz u cant compare to totally different things like that

Bard's melee damage is 60 with a melee disc.
Ninja's melee damage is only 2 lower;
Ranger's melee damage is 4 lower, however ranger's damage with a bow is astronomical when they go full agility. (Quite common)

Most of bard's skills are support, but the skills they do have match the scaling of runeblade's highest scaling skills such as fire rune. Bards have way more health and armour than runeblade. Voidsong's scaling is the same as fire rune's. Sure rune does catch you on fire, but then again fire rune isn't a 7 block aoe... I would mention Boastful Bellow but DuskBlade is pretty good actually. Anyways while Bard doesn't really have higher damage it definitely matches, and Bard still is way tankier.

Ninja's require backstab. Are you serious? First off don't you dare make it sound like backstab is just going to break it even. Backstab is a huge buff to ninja's damage. Then let's take into account ninja's other skills shall we?

Blitz - The absolute minimum damage on blitz is higher than what a runeblade with 35 int can deal with toxic rune + blitz ignores armour
Eviscerate - Deals an insane amount of damage, again absolute minimum is higher than 35 int runeblade's damage with toxic rune + eviscerate ignores armour
Backstab - It's a passive, even when you're not sneaking every single time you manage to get behind someone it deals a lot of extra damage
Then ninja also has its own silence. Compare ninja's kick to void rune. Not only does ninja's kick naturally do more damage, it has a shorter cool down and the silence is longer. Ninja's don't have a slow, but then again they really don't them. Backflip has a cool down of 6 seconds. I've seen ninja's get pretty darn good at using backflip not only for escapes, but for closing in. Don't bring up mana vs stamina costs. Rogues regen stamina pretty fast + ninja has energize.

So I have to say Jupiter, I in no way whatsoever think you're correct in saying "Ninja requires backstab", that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Ninja has higher health, a bit higher armour albeit not much, and considerably higher damage.

I'm not just going to compare rangers melee damage. Rangers don't do as much damage as runeblades when it comes to melee, but ranger actually still has pretty damn good melee damage. I find it stupid that a ranger (which is supposed to play ranged) does considerable more damage than dread knights and paladins with its axe. Getting back on topic anyways.

Rangers with high agility do a ton of damage with bows. As for skills, explosive shot + aimed shot. 0% chance of missing + extreme damage. That's all I have to say.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Side Note: Fire rune doesn't actually catch you on fire. It only deals 40+1.25 magic damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Bard's melee damage is 60 with a melee disc.
Ninja's melee damage is only 2 lower;
Ranger's melee damage is 4 lower, however ranger's damage with a bow is astronomical when they go full agility. (Quite common)

Most of bard's skills are support, but the skills they do have match the scaling of runeblade's highest scaling skills such as fire rune. Bards have way more health and armour than runeblade. Voidsong's scaling is the same as fire rune's. Sure rune does catch you on fire, but then again fire rune isn't a 7 block aoe... I would mention Boastful Bellow but DuskBlade is pretty good actually. Anyways while Bard doesn't really have higher damage it definitely matches, and Bard still is way tankier.

Ninja's require backstab. Are you serious? First off don't you dare make it sound like backstab is just going to break it even. Backstab is a huge buff to ninja's damage. Then let's take into account ninja's other skills shall we?

Blitz - The absolute minimum damage on blitz is higher than what a runeblade with 35 int can deal with toxic rune + blitz ignores armour
Eviscerate - Deals an insane amount of damage, again absolute minimum is higher than 35 int runeblade's damage with toxic rune + eviscerate ignores armour
Backstab - It's a passive, even when you're not sneaking every single time you manage to get behind someone it deals a lot of extra damage
Then ninja also has its own silence. Compare ninja's kick to void rune. Not only does ninja's kick naturally do more damage, it has a shorter cool down and the silence is longer. Ninja's don't have a slow, but then again they really don't them. Backflip has a cool down of 6 seconds. I've seen ninja's get pretty darn good at using backflip not only for escapes, but for closing in. Don't bring up mana vs stamina costs. Rogues regen stamina pretty fast + ninja has energize.

So I have to say Jupiter, I in no way whatsoever think you're correct in saying "Ninja requires backstab", that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Ninja has higher health, a bit higher armour albeit not much, and considerably higher damage.

I'm not just going to compare rangers melee damage. Rangers don't do as much damage as runeblades when it comes to melee, but ranger actually still has pretty damn good melee damage. I find it stupid that a ranger (which is supposed to play ranged) does considerable more damage than dread knights and paladins with its axe. Getting back on topic anyways.

Rangers with high agility do a ton of damage with bows. As for skills, explosive shot + aimed shot. 0% chance of missing + extreme damage. That's all I have to say.

Bard = Don't compare Good with Op
Ninja= can get raped by any good runeblade if they don't get backstabs
Ranger = I have always said it has op melee damage

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This isn't a case of comparing Runeblade to other rogues (Either way it needs to be buffed.) It's the fact that Runeblade (A Rogue) has less armor than all the mages.