• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RUNE BLADE.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
This is a major problem I have with the class... Its a rogue spec, and uses spells. Granted that its a "spell sword" I think it needs a revamp already. You may disagree but, I am just saying that as it is now, people may be dissapointed.

Firstly, Rogues are strictly NON-Mages, they can imbue fire into arrows but cannot conjure fire and ice. Main problem here is with Deepfreeze Firewave and flameshield. Firstly this Is mainly a DEbuffing class, thus there should be little need to buff oneself, I think of it like a Saboteur from FFXIII. debuff with moderate damage. Besides it has iceblade so it can root, so it doesn't need deepfreeze Second, it has fireblade which effectivley replaces fire wave. Its not meant to cast spells at you because in my opinion it "spell sword" is a prancing class meant to be annoying then dead. Flame shield is self explanatory, they dont need a shield from flames because that would defeat the purpose of DE buffing an opponent.

Second. Well if we do remove these mentioned above then what to replace them with? well if its a de buffing class then it quite clearly needs .... De buffs. For instance Confuse was a good skill back in Dragon, Replace that with flame shield. Blinding someone is also very effective so a good "Dark strike" and then there you have it... but they dont (vision) , replace that with deep freeze and Runeblade suddenly can manage itself with a mage that can use Far and close ranged attacks, And if the rune blade doesn't do much damage but is in a group then you have a good way to hinder opponents. Finally, Fire wave, this one is tricky because there are many debuffs however the ability to weaken ones physical attacks can make this an excellent group worker so a good skill which applies "Weakness II" on someone is a good group work idea. Finally adding a ManaFreeze ability would serve it really well. Imagine this scenario , a bard vs a runeblade. who would win... well their skills basically cancel each other out Weakness:Might Manafreeze:Wisdom Blind:quicken Confuse:chakra (not so much with the last one) it should be able to cancel out a support class. (Anti support basically)

Granted im removing the "spell" from spell sword consider the blinding and confusing a good perception De buff spell, Opinions?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmmm, bear in mind the class was originally intended for Caster and was only changed around a day before the wipe. Apart from that i like your ideas!

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I like your ideas, but I see the class as a mage/rogue, something different than all the other classes. Whats the difference from magicaly setting your sword on fire from throwing a fireball?

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Well the main difference is, Rogues... well i think of them as "The class least able to harness the magical energies around them" Think of it mathematically Rogues can only harness 20% of their full MAGICAL potential, warriors 40% Healer 70% Casters 80% It makes sense to do a little magic but something as adept as firewave? I mean thats not 1 fireball thats many, only a caster could harness that and successfully execute it

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I understand where your coming from, but it isn't reallt that big of a deal (at least to me), It would be freat if they added the skills you came up with, but I also think how it is now is fine.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Lets rename firewave to

Swordspin: You swing your sword in a circle firing fire in all directions

(The name is pretty shit)

Well, bards are pretty much 80% magical.... More on the buffing side of magic though. And yeah, i kinda agree with you; but i kinda don't. I don't like the idea that its a more sneak orientated class. Think if it theoretically, your trying to jump someone, but your sword is on fire.... DEAD GIVEAWAY. The part i like about them is that their unique, they do fulfill the role of an anti tank as a melee. I hate going against any warrior spec as a rogue spec, and always having the lower hand. They should rename the skills though, deep freeze could be be remade as a time bomb instead. If you manage to hit them with the frost blade skill, you can use frostbite (replacement to deepfreeze) it does the exact same thing. Fire wave can be remade into an aoe "stomp". Break (replacement to firewave) you plunge your sword to the ground, and cause an elemental storm. It works with every type of "imbue-ment". If you had toxic blade, it will cause the ground around you to become acid. The acid will cause people who walk on it to take X amount (medium amount) of damage every second. Lasts 5 seconds. Frost blade, will cause everyone around you to stop in place for 5 seconds, does x amount (none or minimal) of damage. Fireblade, will push all enemies away igniting them on fire, dealing x amount of damage (high amounts).

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I understand where your coming from, but it isn't reallt that big of a deal (at least to me), It would be freat if they added the skills you came up with, but I also think how it is now is fine.
Im ocd about this shit :eek:
Lets rename firewave to

Swordspin: You swing your sword in a circle firing fire in all directions

(The name is pretty shit)
hahahhaha its a good idea, :p flamespin maybe? but I dun like having classes where they are generally doing things that is not in that classes persona

Well, bards are pretty much 80% magical.... More on the buffing side of magic though. And yeah, i kinda agree with you; but i kinda don't. I don't like the idea that its a more sneak orientated class. Think if it theoretically, your trying to jump someone, but your sword is on fire.... DEAD GIVEAWAY. The part i like about them is that their unique, they do fulfill the role of an anti tank as a melee. I hate going against any warrior spec as a rogue spec, and always having the lower hand. They should rename the skills though, deep freeze could be be remade as a time bomb instead. If you manage to hit them with the frost blade skill, you can use frostbite (replacement to deepfreeze) it does the exact same thing. Fire wave can be remade into an aoe "stomp". Break (replacement to firewave) you plunge your sword to the ground, and cause an elemental storm. It works with every type of "imbue-ment". If you had toxic blade, it will cause the ground around you to become acid. The acid will cause people who walk on it to take X amount (medium amount) of damage every second. Lasts 5 seconds. Frost blade, will cause everyone around you to stop in place for 5 seconds, does x amount (none or minimal) of damage. Fireblade, will push all enemies away igniting them on fire, dealing x amount of damage (high amounts).

Your suggestions are well thought out though I must disagree with you, If you think about it this way Bard is only maybe 30-40% magic along with rune blade, (my suggestion) mainly on the note because they cannot control their abilities enough to create a magical projectile that wont shatter from the first 5 blocks of air resistance (IE Fireball travels far because a mage uses mana to clear the air from the front of the fireball, thus it wont breakdown and it will fly faster, Bards focus on AOE buffs, low area. as for the suggestion of the skills, the problem with those is even if its renaming the skills it will still feel off, because a rogue is not supposed to be able to 1. deepfreeze you from however far away , and 2 do a massive aoe on you which could 1 shot you due to the deepfreeze + firewave combo, which could do over 1k damage, I dont like that in a rogue class. it makes the class less enjoyable. and too fast paced (yeah you dont wanna die in 5 seconds right? thats all it would really take with a runeblade that has firewave and deepfreeze)

Im ocd about this shit :eek:
hahahhaha its a good idea, :p flamespin maybe? but I dun like having classes where they are generally doing things that is not in that classes persona

Your suggestions are well thought out though I must disagree with you, If you think about it this way Bard is only maybe 30-40% magic along with rune blade, (my suggestion) mainly on the note because they cannot control their abilities enough to create a magical projectile that wont shatter from the first 5 blocks of air resistance (IE Fireball travels far because a mage uses mana to clear the air from the front of the fireball, thus it wont breakdown and it will fly faster, Bards focus on AOE buffs, low area. as for the suggestion of the skills, the problem with those is even if its renaming the skills it will still feel off, because a rogue is not supposed to be able to 1. deepfreeze you from however far away , and 2 do a massive aoe on you which could 1 shot you due to the deepfreeze + firewave combo, which could do over 1k damage, I dont like that in a rogue class. it makes the class less enjoyable. and too fast paced (yeah you dont wanna die in 5 seconds right? thats all it would really take with a runeblade that has firewave and deepfreeze)
Yeah i understand completely, i really like your ideas as well. I think the runeblade is just in the wrong category. I really like the idea of runeblade though. The only way i can see it really fit in with the rogue specs, is that its the weapon itself is doing the magic, not the user.

They can simply reduce the damage a rune-blade does with magic. Make their full damage come from the combination of magic and melee.

(story time) lol
We can say that A rogue has tried to study the arcane arts, but failed. He learned how to use his mana, but he cannot control where its going. Example, he tries to throw a fireball. But his mana isn't gathering on his hand, because of how weak he was at magic. Other then a mage who has an overflow of mana and a very good perception of mana. He trained all day to be able to cast magic like the other mages, but realized he wasn't cut out for it. He was a former rogue, so he has insane sword skills, and is able to handle the sword very well. When he swung his first sword after leaving his college, he realized his mana being very controlled at his sword. As he swung his sword, the mana was coming out of the sword, in the form of magic.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
They are Runeblades. They themselves are not creating the power. They are using runes that already imbued with power.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, runeblades should be 75% rogue (if not more), 25% caster - not 50% rogue, 50% caster.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Whitemage, a Rune blade doesnt have to use runes. for instance runes can represent different worlds. significant prowess etc. not limited on stones giving power.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I have never heard of anything such as that. When I think of runes I think of shapes and symbols that hold meaning. I have never heard of world being referred to as a rune.

different worlds. significant prowess etc

And I don't think either of those things would apply to this class.

Runes, when applied to a fantasy setting, hold power of the things they represent. A rune of strength tattooed onto the skin would give increased strength. A rune of fire etched into a blade would empower it with flames. Etc.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Yeah well i certainly do read alot so that would make sense. But a rune that allows you to cast a spell... i mean it just feels off for the runeblade to do that.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong but i still feel its off for a runeblade to go start casting spells

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah well i certainly do read alot so that would make sense. But a rune that allows you to cast a spell... i mean it just feels off for the runeblade to do that.
Not if the rune is on the blade itself.

For example, a the skill could be them gaining knowledge of a new rune, which they can embed/etch on/into their weapon, allowing the magic to be channeled through the sword.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Casting spells? Yeah, that's not what they should do. Maybe like, a Reflect type thing (Pardon if they do have it or whatever, haven't looked at the skills for it in a while - will do so shortly). But Firewave and such? I can see a "Firespin" as an AoE, using the sword to swing around with your flaming blade.