• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Rule Change] Allow Private Messages of VOIP Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I do not find this rule very well defined.

Angyles is currently saying that posting Skype is fine, but Team Speak or Mumble is against the ToS because it is 'advertising'.
The response was that you do not have to use the forums or in game chat to tell someone your TeamSpeak IP. By that, we would need to trade email addresses, then post the IP.

I fail to understand how it can be advertising since they have nothing to do with Minecraft.
Now if you want to say it id advertising because it is giving out the IP of any type of server, well, the whole 'Other Games' section of the forum should be closed. Do you know how much time I have spent on games I have found on those forums that has taken me away from Herocraft?

Suggestion: Allow users to private message other users VOIP software information.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the main problem is that it is hard to know what the ip actually is for..
If the staff sees someone who posted an mc ip ingame, they could just tell the staff it was an TS or mumble ip.

However, I'm not sure of this and nobody has told me, just what seems to be logical :)

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
I completly agree with this post, I see no reason to have one voice software able to give away, but the rest are against the ToS for some unknown reason, why was it made a rule in the first place?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sorry, not changing at this time. We have a 200 slot TS3 server (It can actually go to 500 slots) and there's virtually no need to have other voice services advertised/given out.

Status
Not open for further replies.