• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rogues with bows.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Giving rogue's bows will further separate them from warriors - which is needed. Currently warriors have a large arm over them with armor.
True, and I have a feeling this will support the combat triangle, if that's what we are going for, this will surely help rogues become the "caster killers" they are meant to be, and it will close that gap between the power of warriors over rogues.

While I think rogues were intended to be easier to kill by warriors, it seems like they are too easy to kill for warriors, so this seems like a step in the right direction.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I suppose it might as well work. The damage is negligible, and as long as they don't all get bow related skills it could function fine. I guess I support the change.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Man guys I havn't been on MC for 2 1/2 months due to our good pc getting a virus and I havn't put the good gcard into this crap pc. But I will get it to work on Friday because this change is just so epic that I must come back, and not be lazy and forgetful which is why I havn't put it in. I mean this change is just what I was waiting for even if it justs does as much or less dmg than sword.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It'll be normalized damage - but still grant the rogues a range attack - even if it sux0r. Also this will increase the market for bows and arrows. I don't see anything wrong with this - other than warriors taking a very small hit.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i always wished rogues had the use of the bow when heroes first came out that way people could try it out before speccing into a spec that primarily uses them. lets them try before they buy so to speak :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea of giving rogue a bow. It will make them more special as a path.

What about Samurais? Their main weapons was the Katana and Bow. Samurais is the most rogue-like warrior spec and their armor is nearly equal to a Bard (Who can use bows at 8dmg). Maybe 6-7 dmg each hit? Thay wouldn't make Samurai OP, seeing that a Samurai do a lot more dmg with the sword. But Since Samurai got One removed, why not give them a bow, so that they atleast have a chance against Casters.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been thinking about this for a while and I wholeheartedly support it. I think one reason we see so many casters & related specs is because no other class is a viable "ranged" class from the beginning.

Giving rogues bows would add some diversity among classes, and make the base path grind less unforgiving for them, as warriors outshine them in DEF and casters in DPS.

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
I second that opinion that the healer base class needs a buff to keep up with this if rogues get buffed. They can't deal much damage, they're pretty squishy and even with bandage they still go down fast. Having two ranged base classes puts them further at a disadvantage.

Aetosion makes a good point that most people overlook choosing Healer as their starting class because it's hard to level and has no PVP abilities. There's only been ain influx of healers since MAs mandated them, but outside of that, leveling them alone is difficult.

Though I heard you're overhauling healer classes anyway, so maybe that'll fix it.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
From what I have seen with Rogues using bows, this should not be AT ALL a bad addition. By the time a Rogue draws and shoots an arrow, any class could easily get in close range and begin attacking... even mobs are a hard time with a bow.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Rogue sees a caster and starts shooting at him/her with the bow. The caster starts shooting fireballs (ranged fight). The caster begins to retreat being low on mana. This is where the rogue uses his/her DPS to annihilate the caster.
Rogue Spec bow damage should be set to 8. It will keep casters at bay, but it won't be able to kill.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Rogue sees a caster and starts shooting at him/her with the bow. The caster starts shooting fireballs (ranged fight). The caster begins to retreat being low on mana. This is where the rogue uses his/her DPS to annihilate the caster.
Rogue Spec bow damage should be set to 8. It will keep casters at bay, but it won't be able to kill.

Rogue damage with a bow is 5-6 right now, and to shoot a bow, they slow down when they 'charge'. If the caster doesnt want to fight, it should run, Rogue will be left in the dust due to them being slowed while charging.

Rangers, right now, are at 20 damage, but thats because a bow is their only weapon.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I would like to have samurai's get some sort of range. A low damage bow would be nice