• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Revive Idea

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Before you start throwing things at me this is an idea not a suggestion. It would become one if it gets good feedback.

I would like to bring up the skill some healers have,Revive. This skill revives a party member to their place of death for the cost of a red rose and some mana. My idea was to turn this into a money making opportunity for healers.

Casters-Can sell teleports to spawn and the nether and to players

Rogues-Can selling tracking on other players

Healers- Don't have anything.

The only reason this can't be done now is because revive doesn't have the large range that groupteleport, or teleport have.

So my idea was to give the same range to revive so that healers can get some skin in the game and sell revives from anywhere on the map(online if they're in the same world).

Just a thought, there might be complications that I haven't thought of.

Summery
Increase revive range to that of gtp and teleport for the purpose of making some extra coin, and im sure people would like it and not have walk back form the gy.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Would be insanely overpowered in PVP since you can't know if someone has revive or not.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Would be insanely overpowered in PVP since you can't know if someone has revive or not.
But it can be done like that aldready. Raid a town with Cleric at the graveyard, and when someone dies, you Revive them. Also, Revive doesnt give the dead player items back, so it isnt too helpful for most of Rogue and Warrior classes.

c12095

Holy Shit!
While I understand the point of this suggestion, it is unneeded. You labeled the groups Caster and Rogue as a whole, when we all know these skills restricted to Wizards and Rangers only. A map wide Revive would cause too many issues.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but your spelling makes me want to shoot myself and the idea is kind of stupid considering only 3 classes have those abilities ranger wizard and necros. I might be wrong and maybe 2 other classes have port I think, but non of the warrior or healer classes have no skills to use to sell to people which isn't a big deal. Plus to have a revive from across the map is simply stupid. I'm pretty sure you only want this because you are a healer...

Ps I saw what you said about "throwing things at you" but your kind of asking for it

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
This would be insanely overpowered.
and as other have said only tree classes got the abilities gtp, hellgate and track.
Revive is a skill that is casted at the place the target died and not at the GY multi..

just, No.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
Ps I saw what you said about "throwing things at you" but your kind of asking for it
I meant that as "keep an open mind" and not go crazy like you so chill its only an idea not an actual suggestion, and if you actually took the time to read my post you would know that. I also did say that there were probably things I didn't think of and they have been posted here by others.
Plus to have a revive from across the map is simply stupid. I'm pretty sure you only want this because you are a healer...
I don't "want" this it's just an idea which, again , you would now if you actually read my post. Thanks.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you everyone for your feedback.

I meant that as "keep an open mind" and not go crazy like you so chill its only an idea not an actual suggestion, and if you actually took the time to read my post you would know that. I also did say that there were probably things I didn't think of and they have been posted here by others.

I don't "want" this it's just an idea which, again , you would now if you actually read my post. Thanks.

Just to let you know I did read this otherwise I wouldn't be able to make a argument....

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I support the idea! Then again, I only play healer classes and am very low on money... I also don't know what the issues this would cause mechanics wise. I can certainly tell all you players who are saying "that is too over powered". As MultiHeartGold said, revive doesn't tp you back with your items and not everyone carries death chests with them. Eh, not really sure. :p

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I support the idea! Then again, I only play healer classes and am very low on money... I also don't know what the issues this would cause mechanics wise. I can certainly tell all you players who are saying "that is too over powered". As MultiHeartGold said, revive doesn't tp you back with your items.

Caster and healer classes don't need items to survive dude beguilers coming back can just mass piggify, plague bomb, and fireball someone and do half health or even more

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Caster and healer classes don't need items to survive dude beguilers coming back can just mass piggify, plague bomb, and fireball someone and do half health or even more
Good point, and I have realized that, it gets kind of annoying when they just run back from the graveyard to your town and start attacking again.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Healers cant make any money? Have you tried?

Sell yourself. Heal groups of noobs. I made good money as a pocket Cleric on Zeal.
Much better money than I have made as a Ranger, and I have had to advertise MUCH more for tracks for less total $$$.

Warriors are the ones who can not really make money, since they have to share xp to tank mobs, or deal with the headache of not being in a party and keeping agro without getting the killing blow on a mob.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
No really. Get a group of noobs to pay you to follow them around and keep them safe. They think its worth way more than it is.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry for butting in with noobish questions - but how does revive work currently? What is the range? Does it require line of site? Say you're PvPing with a cleric in your party. You're standing next to your cleric and you get ganked. Can the cleric revive you at your death point, or does he have to run back to meet you? Earlier posts would imply that the later case is true.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
"You resurrect your target at their point of death. Takes 10 seconds to warm up."

I read this a few times before I asked the question, and I don't know why it didn't click until just now :p Thanks.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Revive works at a point of death and has a 10 second warm-up. Goodluck tanking for 10 seconds in order to revive a party member. I believe it has a range of roughly 20 blocks, but it may be a little more.

Anyway, this idea really isn't the worst in the world if you make it that it has a long cooldown time (say 5-10 minutes?). That way a Healer isn't literally reviving an entire town one-by-one in the span of a minute.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Furthermore, it doesn't have to be combat oriented. Do you know how frusterating it is dying from a creeper explosion while mining? What if you weren't carrying a deathchest and you're freaking out worrying that your items will de-spawn? I bet a player would pay a handsome price to get to his gold and diamonds in time.