• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion rest exp

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
So now that I have a job and I still go to school, I realize that those things take a large chunk of time out of gaming time. So I came up with an idea that might help those that are busy most of the time and cant be on the server 16 hours a day. Rest EXP would give bonus exp to players for a certain amount of kills based on how long they've been logged off. I was thinking double exp for the amount of mobs equal to the amount of hours logged off, with a maximum of 24. So say someone logs off for 12 hours, they come back on and kill 12 mobs. Those mobs have double exp, and then no more. To make the system less exploitable, if someone logs on then off, it'll reset the rest EXP. So say someone has 4 hours of rest exp, and they log on, then off. the rest exp will be reset and the 4 hours will be lost so no exploitation somehow could occur (don't know how, but people seem to find ways to exploit everything). keep in mind this is a suggestion, not a demand or something. And yes, I got the idea from WoW's rest EXP.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry, but no 1 hour a day for 1 week with how many exp boosts are going on lately can get you almost mastered

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Probably not worth our time to do a rest xp... I think the bonuses are more than enough .. and honestly I'm not a fan of those either :p

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry, but no 1 hour a day for 1 week with how many exp boosts are going on lately can get you almost mastered
This is quite an exaggeration, but I agree with Templar and STDs. Leveling isn't terrible on Herocraft, like it is in other games like WOW that implement systems similar to the one you suggested - therefore, I'd say it is unnecessary.