• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Respeccing & Mastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
S0, I came up with a little idea some people might like, some people dont. So, as respeccing costs 250c (500c if an aldready played class). My idea is to make it free to change class, if you go from a class you have aldready mastered, or go to one you have aldready mastered. Like, if you are a lv 60 Ninja, you can start Caster without having to pay anything. I believe this could make people want to master their current class before switching, but it might also get abused, so it would need some balance I cant currently think of.
Second thing. I'd like it if you couldnt delevel from level 60. It feels painful when you master your profession, thinking you would never need to mine/farm again (because you are a lazy bastard), and when you go have fun at PVP or try to level your combat class, you die enough to lose your mastering on the profession level, and have to go work for it again. This has happened to me about 3-5 times this map.

Both of these things are just to make things easier, and I know people will start complaining with "This is hardcore" argument. I just wanted to throw out my ideas.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
As for the cost thing, Kain didn't want people to be able to change more willy-nilly than some do even now.

As for that, I don't see the problem with that. You mine/farm more. If you're playing the game with all aspects, wouldn't you be doing that already?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Imagine having a tournament were the best PvPer on your team just changed to a different class. Right now, he'd have to pay 500c to go his best class and whoop in the tourny, however with what you're suggesting he could just /hero choose his old class, then go right back again after. It's too easy to abuse.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
No. There's a reason why it costs 500 coins to play a class you already mastered. People could keybind /hero choose wizard or whatever mid-fight... how insane would that be?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
No. There's a reason why it costs 500 coins to play a class you already mastered. People could keybind /hero choose wizard or whatever mid-fight... how insane would that be?
You would still need to regear for that specific class, + you can do it aldready, with just the money cost

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If it gives you an epic advantage, why not spend on it? As pretty much nobody does it, STDs4YouAnd4Me 's point is kinda invalid. Still, the first idea could use some balancing, if anyone could point out a good idea for it.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Don't fool yourself... they do it because they're stupid. Making it free to go back to a class you already mastered will result in all sorts of problems. Throw this idea in the river.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Don't fool yourself... they do it because they're stupid. Making it free to go back to a class you already mastered will result in all sorts of problems. Throw this idea in the river.
How does changing class in mid-combat seriously help you anyway? You go to fight as a Wizard, and realize all your enemies are Ninjas. Then you switch to Dreadknight so you can beat them, but realize you dont have any weapons or armor of that class, and go back to Wizard. The only way to abuse this idea I see is free respeccing once you master a single class, but that could be somehow fixed if someone said something useful, instead of "That is op, bad idea."

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Multi let me give you an example.

Player A is a wizard. He walks in the wild with an inv full of Goon and DK gear. Player B and C attacks A. B and C are ninjas. Player A has keybinds, so in 2 sec he has changed to DK, puts on armor and takes out his axe. Player A kills the ninjas, player A then changes to Paladin, heals himself up with layhands/pray. Player D and E are friends of B C, so they want revenge. A has gone DK again and gets attacked by D and E who are wizards. Player A clicks two buttons that changes him to Goon, rolls his mouse over his shovel then Jumps away into safety. Player A abused the suggested change to get two kills and trick death two times. Player A just had to be a master DK, 15 Goon and 25 pally to do this.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
@Everyone that says this is impossible
Just make it so you can't swap while being combat tagged. Though I guess that'd be easy to get out of as some classes.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
@Everyone that says this is impossible
Just make it so you can't swap while being combat tagged. Though I guess that'd be easy to get out of as some classes.
Samurai: One, Wizard: Blink, Paladin: Invuln + run away, Dragoon: Jump/superjump, Runeblade: One, Ninja: Fade/smoke, Beguiler: Piggify then run, cleric: GuardianAngel/Invuln etc. A lot of classes can easily come out of combat tag, then have /hero choose ClassHere and /hero confirm bound to a key.

macura

Diamond
I think maybe a reduced amount would be cool, maybe 300c instead of 500. However the cost to change would never be nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.