• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove XP for DoD

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
My first Dome of Death. Had lots of fun.

I didn't realize that if you have an AOE skill, you get a TONof xp and master while giggling, while the support/non AOE receive much much less experience.

This is fundamentally unfair for leveling.

Instead of sucking it up and resigning myself to seeing mastered sammys and beguilers and bards everywhere, I am asking that experience be removed from DoD from now on, and that instead survivors are granted extra rare items (or some other prize).

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
...and it is received at an unequal level. I see this as the server unintentionally promoting certain specs.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Well you can ask all you want, I doubt the rest of the server really cares if you want it gone...

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I see it as giving specs with AOE a reason to AOE now. With MA gone, skills like cleave and pulse or other skills are almost useless in PVP. Get a party with an AOE.

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
If you feel so strongly that classes with AoE skills are so unfair, then become one. No one is stopping you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I didn't realize that if you have an AOE skill, you get a TONof xp and master while giggling, while the support/non AOE receive much much less experience.

Instead of sucking it up and resigning myself to seeing mastered sammys and beguilers and bards everywhere, I am asking that experience be removed from DoD from now on, and that instead survivors are granted extra rare items (or some other prize).
I highly suggest you group with an AOE'er, use Cleave, Pulse, etc.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Events are happening 4-5am, I wish there was some earlier then that sometime. (No exp grind in DoD for me :< )

Join up with someone who got an AoE skill, share exp using Party mode = Win.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
I was the only AoE in my group and I still went from 41-47. Also there are no "mastered" "samurai, bards, etc." still... I think the closest person to mastering is still @Garrythegazelle a 58 ninja.

GET YO FAX STRAIT.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, I will use parties better next time! Thanks for the advice all.

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
How about a percentage of XP reduction inside the DoD? possibly a 10-30% decrease?

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
335076.gif

EDIT xD